Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BYE BYE OLD FRAME! SOME PICS.

M

Mark Stahl

In Progress

Can't wait to see her done! I will post pics as they come along. There will be a cool twist for this Sixty4 when done! Shhhh don't tell it that its a 64.

The old girl has delusions of being a 67 by the look of her hood... I won't tell... :chuckle

-Mac

Like a 67 L88 the way we would of built one back in the day! Oh man may of just given it away

Thanks all! A couple of motor shots.....Taking the Billy Mitchell 415 World Products Motor and trying to make it look somewhat stock?

newengine2.jpg

newengine1.jpg

Nice looking headers/manifolds You will have to let me know how the hyd clutch works out
How is the motor for parts/specs under the GM stock looking paint set up

Will do! Having brackts made for ignition shielding as there are no provisions for them.

Nice pics Mark ! I am planning on lifting my body off the frame this off season as well. I see you have lifted it just at the 4 points shown. Does one not need to support the front ? Would having a mounted and closed hood help to prevent sag and possible cracking?
Merry Christmas all.
Frank.

Nice pics Mark ! I am planning on lifting my body off the frame this off season as well. I see you have lifted it just at the 4 points shown. Does one not need to support the front ? Would having a mounted and closed hood help to prevent sag and possible cracking?
Merry Christmas all.
Frank.

Yes lifting at the 4 points shown worked well for us. Forward of the firewall and at the start of the rear kickup. Now the issue is if the birdcage is bad. If you start to lift it and you notice the gaps at the top of the doors moving in then you know there is a birdcage issue. I have seen guys remove the doors and cable from the hinges to the jambs. Lift her slowly! I would also remove the hood as well. No extra support needed in the front. You will very little wieght on it. I am sure others will chime in, but this method has worked well for us. I had no issues with any cracks what so ever (thank god). The body went up and down several times. It is a bit of a scary process I will admit.
Mark......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom