Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-1 tire size

harland

Corvette
1961 fawn beige convertible
I wnat to buy good blackwalls for my 1961 and ask others to share their thoughts on what would be best for a pleasure driver car. I don't anticipate any road rallys and so don't want anything Z rated,etc. I am leaning towards either a 205x75 -15 or 215x75. I don't think a 70 series would look as good. I think that 6.70x15 bias was the original size. Please share your thoughts you guys out there who have driven your Corvettes lots-best handling size, a preferred brand tire,etc. thanks again, Harland

I believe that you would prefer a 215-65R-15 instead of the 75 series. 75`s would have a wider sidewall. 205`s are too small, like little donuts :D The 215`s fit the wheelwell perfectly and is just wide enough in the tread to not look like a tall skinny tire from the rear :upthumbs

The Diamondback "Supreme" 205/75-15's (Firestone Supreme Si casings) are the same OD as the original 6.70-15's, but the tread is about 1-1/4" wider than the tread on the Coker 205/75-15's - they don't look "skinny" like the Cokers do, and they're a high-volume production tire, not a reproduction. They work fine on my '67, and look good too.

DBRedline2.JPG

:beer

tire sizes

thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. Harland

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom