Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C/3-C/4 orC/5 frame swap

C4's and C5's don't have a separate "frame" as such; your options are a stock frame or an aftermarket tubular frame like SRIII Motorsports that accepts C4 or C5 suspension and brakes.

:beer

old frame

do they make kits to adapt late model suspension on the c3?

do they make kits to adapt late model suspension on the c3?

Not as far as I know. Vette Brakes & Products has lots of heavy-duty front & rear monospring conversion kits for the stock frame, but the C4/C5 suspension has completely different mounting points and geometry than the C2/C3 frames provide.

:beer

As mentioned there are several suppliers, SRIII Motorsports being one of them (www.sriiimotorsports.com) that make tubular or stock style chassis' set up for late model suspension and running gear.

I used the SRIII with C4 front and back. Couldn't be happier with the ride and handling. It's like a slot car on rails.

chassis4.jpg

c3gs113006e.jpg

c3gs113006d.jpg

My frame was hacked up and has a bend on the side rail.The frame needs replacing so I figure I would like to make a vette rod.Its a base model.With all the work involved with swapping out a frame.i see all kinds of late model frames available.Leave the old stuff for the guys that want to restore their vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom