Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-3 water leak

Mike McKown

Corvette
1963 roadster 1965 coupe
I have a '77 Vette that has a water leak on both sides of the dash. Over the brake and clutch pedals on the left, same relative location on the right. I have to keep the car covered when it rains or it will soak the inside of the car. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

You have the symptoms of a very serious rust problem up in the cowl support and lower windshield corners.

You can patch it with some foam and silicone, but ultimately you are looking at pulling the whole car open.

You can cut the fenders back on both sides and gain access to the area at the least.

Here what lies beneath.

innerfrm2.jpg

Okay. You confirmed my suspicions. I've looked at the body structure before and came to this conclusion. Just wanted it verified. The question is, can it repaired/patched without cutting the fenders? I thought about pulling the instrument cluster and trying to seal it from the inside.

Thanks again,
Mike

Check out the Article in Vette Magazine in the Oct. 2002 issue page 28, Rust Repairs on a Corvette ? This should help you a great deal.>George

I have never seen a completely stripped cage before - thanks for the pic, it's scary yet interesting at the same time.

I am fortunate enough to not have the leaks yet but it is an area of concern and it will be checked out when frame-off time rolls around.

Thanks again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom