Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-4 92-96 Convertible build sheets/stickers

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
Where are they SUPPOSED to be?

Mike

My build sheet is still on top of the gas tank, however there is a sticker insde the console that has all the build codes for the car on it.

RIKO:cool

You can get copies of your build sheet from the Museum in Bowling Green (National Corvette Museum) there should be a link on this website somewhere!

There is a small charge for this service, but, the copies are clean and dry!

Yes, They should be on top of the fuel tank glued down pretty tight.

On all the C4's I have had, the build sheet is glued to the underside of the cargo compartment door behind the passenger sheet. These are codes only, and the listing of the codes is found in the 2 vol. service manual.

Mike, where they are supposed to be, and where they are actually found, are two different things. :L

There is usually one found on top of the gas tank in all of the cars, be it coupe or convertible, as far as I know.

There is also one to be found in one of the frame rails near the front suspension, but I have never looked for that one, I just read about it somewhere.

They may also be found in the interior somewhere, usually in one of the seats.

Good luck, none of them are easy to get to. ;)

And as Tom said, they are available from the NCM.

_ken :w

sheets

in my 92 convertible they are behind the passenger seat, inside the small cargo area and attached to the "flip flap" door/storage area/arm rest for the driver in the center console

You are all correct, the build sheet is glued to the top of the fuel tank, been there since the dinosaurs, as far as I know. The other sheet, with the build numbers can be located in different locations depending on the year. In my 91, and 93 they were located on the inside of center console door. My son's 96 has the sticker located in the rear storage compartment on the side of the bin opening.
My 2002 Z06 has them located in the inside panal of the glove box.
I can't remember where they were in the 60s, 70s, and early 80s, I'm lucky I can remember where I parked my car in my own garage.
At any rate these are important documentation of the original equipment, and info for obtaining correct replacement parts.

vettepilot

Your better off to leave them there and order a set from the Museum , I think it cost 35 bucks. OF course last year when I had my LT4 I contacted Sonny Kilgo (Since retired) and got three copies 8x10 size and one 20x15 for free. :crazy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom