Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-4 Blackouts

I love the look front and rear

MyCorvette313600.jpg

RearBlackouts.jpg

Is that one yours"? I just love the look. Where did you get them? They are kinda hard to find AND I'm a little wussy wondering how long it will take John Law to pull me over! Have you been stopped. Here in Ohio they must be able to see your rear lights in daylight from 150 ft. Think that will be a problem?

.....AND I'm a little wussy wondering how long it will take John Law to pull me over! Have you been stopped. Here in Ohio they must be able to see your rear lights in daylight from 150 ft. Think that will be a problem?

Thats why PaulieB suggests getting led's first. We added led's and they are SUPER BRIGHT...no doubt with the blackouts they will at least similar to stock brightness and less likely to get you harrassed by the Gestapo.

NO, BUT IF YOU ARE TO CHANGE THE LOOK OF THE TAIL LIGHTS, PUT IN LEDS IF YOU DIDN'T DO IT ALREADY. I LIKE THE LOOK. GOING TO DO IT TO MY 87 VETTE. MY OPINION...DON'T OVER DRESS A VETTE. THAT'S MY OPINION!
GOOD LUCK:thumb
I really like the stock red lights on your red vette...the colors are so very similar it looks good as is! I dont think blackouts would look as good on your red vette..... but on a dark metallic one would be better since I think that the blackouts enhance darker colors best..like on Vettego95 where they look fantastic!:w

partial blackouts???

I seen a c4 with partial blackouts. Has anyone else seen these or maybe know where to get them. They blacked out the center of the taillight. When lite up, all you could see is the outside edge of the light. Like a ring around the edge. Looked really cool in my opinion, I want some for my 91.

I had them on the front of my '96. I like them there on the '91-'96 body style. I was always afraid of doing the rear. I figured if I got rear-ended the person that hit me could use the dim tail lights as an excuse.... So, I left them alone.

You might want to give Nite Shades a try. Its a spray on tint and you can control how dark or light you want them and its also reversable, in that you can use paint thinner to take it off completly. And a can of that is a whole lot cheaper.

Plus you can put it on the inside of the lens and don't have to worry about it fading.

Just my $0.02

Jim S.

Mine are the carbon fiber look. From anything more than a few inches, it looks like a solid dark tint. Below is a close up that shows the honeycomb pattern. Allows more light to shine through the "non tinted" portions of the lens. Don't know if you can see them from a 150 feet back in daylight though. Haven't had anyone behind me yet complain about them.

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

Nice! Where did you get the carbon fiber ones? I think that might look good on my Competition Yellow.

Nice! Where did you get the carbon fiber ones? I think that might look good on my Competition Yellow.

It was either Mid America or Ecklers. Don't remember exactly, its been a few years. They are just held in place by compression. Have no idea how to take them off if I wanted to. Maybe some type of mini plunger.:L

just painted mine with nite shade

this is what I did tonight, lol. Picture is just one light...... gonna put them on tomorrow and take picture tomorrow on car and try to do other lights as well.

this is what I did tonight, lol. Picture is just one light...... gonna put them on tomorrow and take picture tomorrow on car and try to do other lights as well.

Very Cool and unique... Look forward to seeing pics of them on your car. :cool

I have a set of the same kind of lens for a 84-89 and would part for the set for a mere $ 15

taillights done

Here is what I have as a finished product. Still need to wet sand some spots but look really good.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom