Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-5 Extended Warranties

R

Rufus1050

Can a purchaser of a used 2001 C5 qualify for purchasing an extended warranty? If so do they cover bumper to bumper or just the drivetrain? Price range to expect...thanks for any assistance from fellow owners.
Rufus

Most warranties, at least the ones that I feel are worth the money, require that you are within the original factory warranty in order to extended it. For us that's 36months or 36,000 miles. You're way past the 36months so it doesn't matter what your mileage is at this point. I just fell off my extended 6-year; 60,000 mile GMPP warranty. I could have extended it some more but GMPP requires that you have at least one month or 1,000 miles left. I started to receive in the mail offers of another warranty but I decided to take the chance of no major repairs in the near future. :ugh

GMPP requires that it be bought while still under factory warranty. But you can check with Warranty Direct, seems they are also a good company (from what I have read in other posts).

tom...

I just bought the GMPP Major Guard from my NJ dealer. I have 11k on it and they did good by me ..60 mo/ 40k/ $0. deductable........$1443.00 I think its a good deal. They did tell me I could extend it when it is up. They said it would have to be fome 3 months before it expired.

I just got off the telephone with Luke Reid - Finance/Royal Chevrolet - Richmond, VA - 804-521-5300 he can get you a warranty and it is good anywhere in the US on your 01 Corvette.

If that doesn't work out, call the below number:

Call 800.323.5771 concerning an extended warranty - The CostGuard Warranty per Protective Company. This company has covered every problem that I've had my 01 in the shop for over the past 22 months - total today approximately $9,000 in work done to my baby. I've only paid $42.00 out of pocket. Now I had to purchase this warranty through my dealer which was not a GM dealership. The cost was around $2,400 but my bestfriend/mechanic new the sales manager and got it reduced down to $1,300. It is a 36/36 warranty and it is worth every penny as it covers bumper to bumper.

Good Luck

I have Warranty Direct on my 2001. It's bumper to bumper. Used it twice last year and geeting ready to use it next week. I've had no problems with them at all.

I bought a GMPP Major Guard warranty on my '01 from the dealer a year ago. It had 27k miles on it at the time. The cost was $1375 and it's a 36 mo/30K miles with $100 deductable per visit no matter what all is worked on. It has covered every mechanical & electrical problem I've had except a dead battery. If the labor is 2.5 hours or more, it also covers a rental car. Repeat visits, if any, are no charge. It's paid for itself several times over.

Warranty Direct

Can a purchaser of a used 2001 C5 qualify for purchasing an extended warranty? If so do they cover bumper to bumper or just the drivetrain? Price range to expect...thanks for any assistance from fellow owners.
Rufus
Just recently purchased an extended warranty through warranty direct for my '04 it goes out through the year 2012 and 60k bumper to bumper a friend of mine had it and never had a problem. $100 ded. cost me around $1500.

GMPP is probably the best!

Putting the cost aside there is no better warranty available in my opinion. But you have to really shop around because the price's really vary.

And you have to be a full 3 months before the last warranty is finished.

Shop around.

Alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom