Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-5 Tire pressure

P

purtyvette

Does anyone know of any systemic problems with the tire pressure on the 02? Seems I read a thread on a related issue, but cannot find it now.

The left front tire consistently drops about 5 lbs (just enuf to make the DIC display Lt Front Pressure Low) after 3 days. No leak in the tire can be found.

Any thoughts or advice is certainly appreciated.

IH82W8......

i would have the tire beed broken and redone, sometimes a tire will leak air where the tire meets the rim. the temperature change cause the tire to leak as the tire heats and cools down after use. another thing is the o ring for the valve stem might have a slow leak. i might be wrong, about the stem having an o ring. stw

It took me several months to track down a similar problem in one of my Buick tires - turned out to be a needle in the tire causing a leak but only when the pressure went up.

There's got to be something causing a leak. Have the tire and valve stem checked again.

c-5 tire pressure

Thanks Tuna and c4vette92. Will recheck everything including tire breakdown from wheel. There was a discussion somewhere on the site concerning the transmitters in the wheels, so I thought there may be an erroneous reading.

Have a nice Vetteday.

IH8 2W8

i will try to add to the good advice you have already received.
check the valve that is inside the valve stem.
also there is an o-ring where the sensor is mounted inside the wheel.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom