Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-6 dependability

Mezzamort

Corvette
2003 Z06
I am thinking of buying a C-6 o8 or o9 are these cars ok ? I don't want something that cost 3000.00 every year as being 67 this is on my bucket list ! I couldn't see affording that kind of cash at this age ,so please let me know your thoughts on this ,Thank you very much JT

I've had 2 C6's, one was trouble free and the other one's engine seized with 32K. Car had never been raced and given everything it needed so you never know.

I've had 3 C6s: 06 paddle shift coupe, 08 stick shift vert and a 13 stick shift vert.

The 08 gave me the most trouble but it was all handled under warranty. I drove it for over 4 years.
The clutch pedal stuck to the floor once early in life. Repaired and had no more trouble from it.

The 06 was trouble free. This being the first of the 6-sp paddle shift transmission, it didn't shift when I thought it should using the paddles. Later paddle shift cars got better programming and work well. My wife drove it as a daily driver from 06 to 11.

The 13 is still in the garage and has been trouble free.

Corvette parts and labor can be high. Tires are costly. Used cars do need routine maintenance. Be prepared for that.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom