Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-6 VS. C-5

Mikes64

Corvette
2010 GS Black Convertible
Would like some advice owners have that have owned a C-5 and now
own a C-6. I looked at a 2007 and am considering trading up. Somehow
the car seems narrower inside. I know it is shorter and has more HP, but
are there any problems anyone has had. Thanks for the help.

Actualy the auto mags say it is 1 or 2 inches wider inside. There should be specs on line in the tech center section. I had a 2002 Z06 and now a 2007. The Z was black on black the 2007 oak interior. The lighter color makes everything seem more open. The 2007 is very confortable, the only problem is your right knee against the trans tunnel. If you have the resources and can wait the 2008 interior especially the upgraded interior looks great.

Vetdog, thanks for the return. I have checked the specs, but just drove
one and it just seemed a tighter fit and not as roomy. However, I like the
body style and the increase in HP.

I had a 2000 FRC and now the 2005 Z51 Coupe. I feel like the C6 is bigger. Not by much but still bigger. I know the seats are more comortable. I still miss the FRC though.

I just traded my 01 Z06 for a new 2007 VERT. The best move I have made in a long time and I loved my Z06.
The only problem I have is less trunk room in the VERT. So I guess my golf buddies have to find their own way to the course.

Well, traded my '04 C5 and got a new C6 and the wife and I just love it. Power, no match between the C5 and the C6.
Great Vette!

My wife traded her 2001 coupe for a 2006 coupe and she absolutely loves the new car.
I traded up from a 2002 Z06 to a 2006 Z06 and it is a step up but the older Z was pretty great (I think a better car than the new coupe). But preferences depend on whether you like the look or insist on performance or want open top, etc.
Gersh

c5vsc6

traded my 01 coupe for an 07 coupe both automatics, c5 had ride control, c6 has z51. To me the 07 is much tighter and wind noise is nonexistent, ride is firm but never harsh, and power feels similar to c5 probably because of c6's tall gearing ...c6 needs aftermarket exhaust as it is too quiet! Interior feels smaller but isn't. Overall c6 feels smaller and more european. imho.

c6

My stock z51 mn6 05 vette feels like my 01 did after I did 5000 bucks in mods to beef up the power.It's far superior to any c5,anywhere,anytime.

Deceiving

Because the 06 is much quieter than my 99,in reality it is quite faster then it feels.It is deceiving.

Ya'll have forgot to mention one of the most important points a C6 has over a C5...

2 CUP HOLDERS!!! :boogie

Hecox

The biggest difference without a doubt is how quiet the C6 is compared to C5. If I new this I would have traded sooner. Other advantages is the ride. I have a stick with F55 suspension. No more wind noise and water leaks. Plus the Nav. Life is good.

As good as the C5 is, the C6 is much better.

I drove a C6 in October 2005. The power, the interior, the fit and finish were superb.

I do not mean to criticize the C5. If I could find the room in my garage, I would get a C5 ZO6 in a heartbeat. The C5s were built so much better than the C4s.

I have had 3 new C4s. Seems I am just used to their peculiarities.

SAVE THE :w

I would expect each generation to be an improvement over the prior one. Otherwise, what's the point? I had 2 of each C5s and 6s, and the C6 is my favorite Vette ever: comfort, handling, speed whatever you want to measure. In fact I've sworn, IN FRONT OF MY WIFE, my current Vette will be my last.:chuckle

Have 2001 Coupe and just bought 2007 Coupe for the wife with the paddle shift automatic. Definetely tighter inside - in the 2001 I have to move the seat forward about an inch or so. In the 2007 I have the seat ALL the way back and want just a little more.

What I really like on the C6 are the new EMT run flats over the C5 runflats. The new EMTs don't seem much harsher or nosier than the GY F1 GS-D3s I have on my C5 now. In fact if I didn't know it, I would not think that I was running on EMTs. Hope that Goodyear make these in C5 sizes.

Ya'll have forgot to mention one of the most important points a C6 has over a C5...

2 CUP HOLDERS!!! :boogie

Hecox

That's funny! That's why I got another c5, I can't find the dang cupholders in my 62! Since I have a c5 again, does that mean I can stop waving? Just kidding. I know it's those new Vettes that don't wave now, right? Has the torch been passed?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom