Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 59: Colour of heater mouth piece

Corvette
1959 Ext.: Crown Jewel - Int.: Turquoise
Dear colleague Corvette lovers,

Could somebody tell me if the heater mouth pieces under the dashboard which attaches the heater air hoses should be black or just paintless ? I've been able to purchase two since both were missing in my car but one was painted and the other wasn't. Before I start mounting them I would like to give them their original appearance...

thanks for your help,
Rob Musquetier
The Netherlands

Rob,
I'll go out and check my car for answers to your questions shortly. I need to wake up a little first. :L

Also welcome to the 1959 Registry and the Corvette Action Center. Take a look around the site. Lots of good info here in the Learning Center and Tech Center. You can also find almost anything you need in the Portal too.

Tom

Rob,

Sorry for the delay. My wife forced me to go shopping. I did get dinner out of the deal though.

I assume you are referring to the defroster ducts on the top end of the hot air hoses that run up from the cardboard defuser box on the heater housing. Mine are painted black. Looks to be laquer and left as sprayed. Not a very high gloss. These are origional and have never been out of the car.

I hope this helps,
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom