Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 & C2 Owners: Who all is going

Mike Terry

Corvette
63 SWC and 67 Coupe F/S 54 Corvette NFS
Who is planning on attending the 2010 CAC Cruise event in Effingham IL June of 2010 at Mid America? I have already booked my room at the Best Western for $60.99 per night 217-342-4121. I figure as soon as the town finds out that there will be another Corvette Event at Mid America (even though it is for CAC) they will raise the room rates. Below is what was sent to me.

CruiseFest 2010 Announcements!!!​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The staff of the CAC are excited to announce that CruiseFest 2010 will be held on the grounds of MidAmerica Motorworks in Effingham, IL.
The dates are Friday June 11th - Sunday June 13th.​

Please note that this is NOT "FunFest" and is not held during "FunFest". This is our own event on our own private dates just like it always has been.​

If you attended the recent FunFest or any of our previous CruiseFest events, then you already have some idea of what's on tap...most notably "Lots of great times with great people and great Corvettes!"​

We're still in the process of working out the details, but some of the planned activities include...​

technical seminars
guest speakers
the car show & awards
a burnout box​

db drag racing to find out who has the loudest exhaust
a private dinner banquet
tours of Mike Yager's personal collection & museum
tours of all the MAM facilities, including their manufacturing areas
"Install Alley" for anyone looking to have their car upgraded
...AND MORE!
The staff here at the CAC has a very good feeling that this will be our best CruiseFest yet! And with the help of the great people at MidAmerica, we're expecting quite a turnout! You won't want to miss CruiseFest 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to make your plans known on the official "Will You Attend CruiseFest at Mid America Motorworks?" thread located HERE.

????? May be a good reason to go to have some fun. CAC needs supported. The mods and attitude here seem to be more open and free to discuss issues than other forum sites. That is refreshing.

I'm not a C1 / C2 owner but count me in. It'll be nice to meet you fellas and see some of the great cars represented here in this section.

Always nice to meet Corvette folks. :cool

Hope to see you there.
:wJane Ann

I called around and I don't think you will find a better rate then this but you need to book now before the Hotel and Motel owners find out anout the event and raise the rates. I am booked at the Best Western for $60.99 per night 217-342-4121 Effingham IL.

Any more information on this event? I would change my Hotel to a host Hotel if the have one and the price is what I am paying now or about the same. Some one keep us informed. :upthumbs

Here's the latest hotel info from the 2010 Cruisfest Discussion Forum in the Community section of the CAC. I'm planning on making it too. Might drive the '81 out.

CruiseFest 2010

Tom

Tom I changed my room reservations today to the Days INN hopefully where all the action will be. They told me that the need about 10 more people to book a room to get the rate of $59.99 or it will be about $65.00 per night per room. So tell people to book there rooms NOW.

Days Inn

1205 N. Keller Dr.
Effingham, IL 62401
217-347-7131

Reservation name: Corvette Center (no "action")

The Days Inn has made the CAC a great offer for our weekend stay! Right off the bat, we're getting what I believe is the lowest price we've ever had for a CruiseFest...only $60/night for a standard room! However, for people that like a little more posh, you can get a suite for $100/night.

They've arranged for us to have a free BBQ on a night of our choosing (probably Saturday). There will be a continental breakfast available every morning.

They are also going to provide a wash area, buckets, and rags so we can keep our rides clean!

And we're going to have an area set aside for any *ahem* "end of day activities" :D :beer

There are smoking rooms available at no additional charge for those that want 'em.

All the rooms have a mini-fridge and a microwave.

For anyone wondering what a suite gets you... A suite has a jacuzzi tub, desk/workspace, sleeper sofa, two TV's, and is overall bigger than the standard rooms.

If I've left anything out, feel free to ask here. If I don't know the answer, someone else will or I will get it for you!

Here's a map showing how close the hotel is to the MAM campus. CLICK!

Members notoriously wait to register and book a room. I think we will get a good turnout this year.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom