Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 Corvettes at Auburn Auction

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
There were not as many older Corvettes this year as last but there was still a nice selection. Some years Corvettes are everywhere, like last year, and some years they are not as well represented. Two years ago the predominant car was the Pontiac GTO. I don't know why it works out this way. It just does.

We'll start out with this '57. From a distance it looked nice but up close it needed a lot. All of the hinges were loose and you had to pick up the doors to close them. The hood was way off. It could only be opened from the left side or it would cock and scrape on the front panel. Dash was painted wrong, Fuel Injection emblems are too high on the side cove and don't belong since it is a 4bbl car. The front fenders sucked in above the wheel arch and it had '58-'61 fender moldings. The list goes on. It was selling at no reserve and would be a nice project for someone if the price was right.

From there we go to a beautiful restored '53. Then I found an unrestored '54 in line to go over the block. It was an early car, 276 or 279 I think. I didn't write the number down. It had the bullet air cleaners and was very complete and original except for the wire wheel covers. I'll post bid and sell prices when they are available.

HPIM1421.jpgHPIM1441.jpgHPIM1465.jpgHPIM1466.jpg

Here are a few more Solid Axles.

HPIM1430.jpgHPIM1448.jpgHPIM1449.jpgHPIM1469.jpgHPIM1470.jpg

David,

Look what I found in the still for sale lot today.:)

HPIM1602.jpg

I'm not sure when you were out there but when we were there it had a sold sign lower left windshield. Still liked the white one better but the owner and I never got on the same page, I think he was from NJ. :chuckle

No sold tag when I saw it around 4pm. Maybe someone couldn't back up their bid. There were a couple of other cars in the still for sale lot with sold tags too.

Tom, sorry I missed you at the auction. I was there with one of the 53's. Ray Hicks owns the 53. Would have liked to have met you.

Cheers!

It would have been nice to meet you too. It's always fun to meet members at events.

Did the '53 sell?

Tom

It would have been nice to meet you too. It's always fun to meet members at events.

Did the '53 sell?

Tom

Nope. No buyers to be had for the 53.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom