Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 dolley being used on a C3 ???

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
Considering seriously pulling the body from the 68 and refinishing the frame. Have taked to Herb "aka firstgear" and can use his dolley from his C1 project for a short time. Question is do I need to make considerabnle changes to that to make it work on a C3?
Thanks Herb, I'll keep you posted..

Jim

Considering seriously pulling the body from the 68 and refinishing the frame. Have taked to Herb "aka firstgear" and can use his dolley from his C1 project for a short time. Question is do I need to make considerabnle changes to that to make it work on a C3?
Thanks Herb, I'll keep you posted..

Jim

Hi! Jim

I have used the Noland Adams style body dolly under my 61 and 63. I had a couple long and short 2 X 4 that I used to help support the front and rear of the body. I believe that the body mount locations for the C-3 and C-2 are very close to the same.

Ray

Hi! Jim

I have used the Noland Adams style body dolly under my 61 and 63. I had a couple long and short 2 X 4 that I used to help support the front and rear of the body. I believe that the body mount locations for the C-3 and C-2 are very close to the same.

Ray
in which case since it is a wodden frame, you can bolt what ever you need to pick up the support locations. no problem......

Herb,
I've been speaking to several people in the know,and they feel I should keep it totally original for a while and see how the values of "original" chrome bumper cars progress.
I still may lift the body for a short time to simplify the cleanup process and get the trans,rearend,fuel system,brake system and clutch serviced.
Have you gotton your body back from the painter?
Going to be out of the country next week so I'll keep you posted.
Jim

Herb,
I've been speaking to several people in the know,and they feel I should keep it totally original for a while and see how the values of "original" chrome bumper cars progress.
I still may lift the body for a short time to simplify the cleanup process and get the trans,rearend,fuel system,brake system and clutch serviced.
Have you gotton your body back from the painter?
Going to be out of the country next week so I'll keep you posted.
Jim
I am done with the body dolly for now. The body is in it's final stages at the body shop. I have to get my chassis back over to them one last time and they will mount the body to it painted!

I am in Frankfurt, Germany this weekend, get home on Monday and then Friday head out to Thailand for a week. Will be home on the 15th in the pm, on the 16th I am picking up a guy form Kentucky who is flying in to buy my 1978 Indy Pace Car. Decided too many toys that needed work and that this one had to go. The 60 is keeping me fully engaged right now

Let me know, the body dolly has your name on it for use!

regards, Herb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom