Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - doors hood deck lids come together!

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
As previously advertised.....here are the comeplete body shots. Today they were going to put it back in the paint booth to shoot the scoops with semi gloss black paint.
The tiny tape pieces you see on the car are marking minor paint imperfections that Harry found and were also destined to get fixed and rubbed back out.
As long as the weather co-operates and they get their final few items sorted out, the plan is to bring the car home on this FRIDAY!!
I just wanted to stay and keep walking around the car, I just couldn't believe it! Harry and Dave did a great job!

IMG_0859Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0857Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0874Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0867Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0868Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0869Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0871Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0872Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0877Small-vi.jpg

more photos on the web site.... http://public.fotki.com/htmiata/1960_corvette/page41.html

All I can say is OHHHHHHHH-BOYYYYYYY does THAT look nice! I love the "wet" look of the red paint! :drool:
Andy :w

All I can say is OHHHHHHHH-BOYYYYYYY does THAT look nice! I love the "wet" look of the red paint! :drool:
Andy :w
4 coats of clear coat will do that......and of course wet sand wet sand wet sand, that helps too! At this point the car hasn't had the final glaze of the buffer applied to it, it can only get better....

Keep in mind you need the doors to be off the car when you put the side molding on (or at least attach the little brackets to attach the molding on via the door jamb holes).

greetings,
Rob.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom