Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 & Flaming River steering column

When I looked at the FR column for a C1, I found the IDIDIT column to be a better looking column. The tilt FR column for a C2 is king, but I like the IDIDIT column better on C1.

Regards, John McGraw

When I looked at the FR column for a C1, I found the IDIDIT column to be a better looking column. The tilt FR column for a C2 is king, but I like the IDIDIT column better on C1.

Regards, John McGraw
I agree, the Ididit column is nice....even has four way flashers!

Kabong,

You don't , by any chance, work at the mill in Quinnesec do you ?

Bernie O.

working at Quinnesec

Yea,I do....how did you know that????? I'm working right now as a matter of fact!

Oh, I'll bet you're the roll cover guy are'nt you? Did you ever get your IFS under you're car?

I see a specific C1 column at the Flaming River website but I can not find one for a C1 at the Ididit site...

Kabong,

yeah, I'm the roll cover guy. Been meaning to e-mail you but lost your card that you gave me.

I haven't got the IFS in yet; probably going to be winter of '08-'09 before it happens 'cause I spent the money on a '71 T-Top that I'm picking up in a few weeks.

But, the guy who is going to help me was putting one in a '60 this past month and he was having a bear of a time. Finally, he threw away the directions and just figured it out on his own. I didn't get to see much of it go toghether 'cause I'm traveling a lot this summer (I'm in Green Bay right now). I told him that you basically said the same thing: "If you follow the directions it won't work !" It was about finnished last time I saw it and looked really nice; hopefully I'll get a ride in it once it's complete.

I think he used the Ididit column 'cause I remember him saying he liked the four way flashers. But he did say that some of the connectors that came with the kit didn't fit and he had to get the correct ones.

Have Keith C. order another sleeve so I can make another visit to The UP !

Bernie O.

C1 & FR steering column

I was set on the Ididit but someone showed their car with the FR column and that the "bell" matches perfectly for a factory looking steering wheel. I did not think to ask this when I talked to the Ididit rep at a recent GoodGuys show.
Also, with Ididit, did anyone use a factory turn signal lever? I was thinking of either flattening the end and drilling a hole or threading the Ididit piece and using a threaded tube to join it to the factory lever.
C Ya, Joseph Rock
Frankenstein 59

The bell is close on the Ididit. It has the 4 way switch coming out of the side but painted it would be real close. Click on the link for a picture.

Ididit Corvette Column

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom