Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 instruments pricing...and other

Stan's Customs

Corvette
Project 1961....
Opinions on the following would be appreciated...(1961 Corvette parts)

What's the going price for a C1 instrument cluster complete and in good used condition...but not restored.

Also would like to know what a complete good used stock C1 posi differential center section should cost .....without the housing and axles.

What are origional seat frames and seat adjusters with brackets in fair condition worth....with a little rust on the frames and some of the seat coils on the bottom part are gone ....

Complete stock windshield pillars and windshield frame parts in 80% condition...?

A stock radiator (not aluminum) in usable condition.

....and last a hard top in poor condition...looks like it fell off trailer and skidded a bit on the top, rear plexiglass cracked badly, no headliner etc. Can be restored but needs quite a bit, the stainless will polish for the most part.

I have a chance to trade for a rough basket case '61 parts car...and need a sounding board for what some of it's parts might bring these days. It's been 3 years since I bought a most of my parts..

Just opinions are just fine...

Thanks ....Stan

Opinions on the following would be appreciated...(1961 Corvette parts)

What's the going price for a C1 instrument cluster complete and in good used condition...but not restored. my guess is around $700 to $1,000 with all gages and speedo.

Also would like to know what a complete good used stock C1 posi differential center section should cost .....without the housing and axles. on Ebay I have seen them around $500 give or take

What are origional seat frames and seat adjusters with brackets in fair condition worth....with a little rust on the frames and some of the seat coils on the bottom part are gone .... $800 to $1200

Complete stock windshield pillars and windshield frame parts in 80% condition...?
windshield pieces for a complete piece run $1500 to $2500, but there are repro parts out there now that will put pressure on the used parts prices

A stock radiator (not aluminum) in usable condition. good question, I have one too for a '60 I need to sell, $50?

....and last a hard top in poor condition...looks like it fell off trailer and skidded a bit on the top, rear plexiglass cracked badly, no headliner etc. Can be restored but needs quite a bit, the stainless will polish for the most part. $500 to $700?

I have a chance to trade for a rough basket case '61 parts car...and need a sounding board for what some of it's parts might bring these days. It's been 3 years since I bought a most of my parts..

Just opinions are just fine...

Thanks ....Stan
my comments are in red above.....good luck!!!

I would sasy herbs prices are on the money with the exception of the seat. I sold the seats out of my 62 for 1200.00 at a swap meet. they were completely rusted and worthless I thought.

I have seen used seats selling (or I should say purchased) for around 1600 to 1800 for sets needing some spring and recovering work

Thanks for the input Herb....

I haven't seen any instrument clusters for sale...but I had a friend act like they were gold, $2500 plus.... So I thought I would ask around.

I paid a little more fore my posi than I should I should but it was fresh...so I didn't have an idea on a stock used one.

Seat frames I would have guessed bout $700 or $800 so I'm behind the times there it looks like...

I would have guessed a couple of hundred on a radiator that could be used. This one is in pretty good shape it appears and is a 4 core....I have a stock aluminum one that has many visible pin holes...which I suppose is worthless. Since the metal one is a 4 core, I am curious to know if they cool well or not. I know many builders are using the Griffin, Be Kool, etc. aluminum radiators. I am assuming these are needed becuse stock radiators can be a heating problem. Comments here?

....and I was really unsure on the hardtop since I will have a soft top only on my project...they are about $2500 or so for a complete new one, I believe.

I had seen several hard tops on e-bay..but the prices are are sporatic that I couldn't get a read on that at all. Decent ones seemed to be a little cheaper than a soft top generally...but all were better than the one I'm talking about.

.....and then , there is one company that will rebuild your hard top (you provide) for a mere $3500...hmmm, gee I think I'll rush rush right out and scarf up that deal...uh huh, right! .

Thanks again Herb...

....2 cents more anyone ?

Regards...Stan M.

Thanks IH2...

No kidding....thats a chunk of change. What part of the country was the swap meet where you sold yours?

If they woud bring that it sure would help justify buying this stuff...

Thanks...Stan

I would have guessed a couple of hundred on a radiator that could be used. This one is in pretty good shape it appears and is a 4 core....I have a stock aluminum one that has many visible pin holes...which I suppose is worthless. Since the metal one is a 4 core, I am curious to know if they cool well or not. I know many builders are using the Griffin, Be Kool, etc. aluminum radiators. I am assuming these are needed becuse stock radiators can be a heating problem. Comments here?

....and I was really unsure on the hardtop since I will have a soft top only on my project...they are about $2500 or so for a complete new one, I believe.

I had seen several hard tops on e-bay..but the prices are are sporatic that I couldn't get a read on that at all. Decent ones seemed to be a little cheaper than a soft top generally...but all were better than the one I'm talking about.

.....and then , there is one company that will rebuild your hard top (you provide) for a mere $3500...hmmm, gee I think I'll rush rush right out and scarf up that deal...uh huh, right!....2 cents more anyone ?

Regards...Stan M.

Nothing cools like the original-design Harrison aluminum stacked-plate radiator - spend the money and get a DeWitts reproduction, and it'll drop right in.

C1 hardtops are VERY expensive, and the $3500 for a restoration (Glassworks, Auto-Entec, etc.) has been the going rate for a long time. Restoring a C1 hardtop is simply a nightmare, and most shops won't even TOUCH them; Glassworks did mine, and it was a work of art.

A correct restoration of a C1 is horrendously expensive, especially if you have to find trim/hardware/stainless parts, and it isn't going to get any cheaper as time goes on.

:beer

Thanks for the reply John..

Yep, pieces are expensive...thats why I'm buying this bucket of bolts, just for the pieces. Unfortunately it isn't a restoration candidate ...nor is my "good one" either.

What do you think the rough restorable tops as described in my first post are worth John?

Looking today I saw a decent used one needing restoring for $1,500...That would be $5,000 in that one after the redo.....

If that is reasonable, a nice top for sale outright should bring more than $3500 shouldn't it?

Thanks again ...Stan

Looking today I saw a decent used one needing restoring for $1,500...That would be $5,000 in that one after the redo.....

If that is reasonable, a nice top for sale outright should bring more than $3500 shouldn't it?

Thanks again ...Stan

I can't speak for resale, but $5K isn't unusual to have in a correctly-restored C1 hardtop; mine only went on the car once after I got it back from Glassworks to make sure it fit OK, then went in the basement for five years, never went back on the car until the day I sold it.

:beer

Thanks again for the reply John..

I'm afraid that's about how much use it would get if I had one too. I had a 1968 with both tops years ago....the hard top was squeaky or creeky I guess (noisy). I lived in west Texas at the time where rain is sparce and the top was down a lot ...so I seldom used the hard top...in fact once that I recall.

Since I posted the questions I have purchased the car......rather than just considering doing so.

I would really like to do some trading for a soft top frame....my glass man says patching this hard top up is a a piece of cake. It's mostly all there except for the two little corner pieces of stainless at the top corners of the rear glass.

Someone could do a little body work, polish the stainless and replace the plexiglass and be in it way cheaper than 5K...or even 3.5K I imagine.....if they had a top to trade.

Thanks again ...Stan M.

road rash hardtop

I do need stainless for my hardtop as well as the inside metal. Times and prices sure change-the fellow who sold me my 61 bought his hardtop for $75. back in the late 70's but I remember when I was offered a 1960-61 white vette roadster for about $1800. and it was a very nice driver! Enough for the memorylane. I will have to ask my friends if they have any soft tops for sale. I wonder what you would take for the hardtop you have and if you attend the Pate meet (name?) as my friend Gary usually comes from Arkansas and could maybe pick it up for me. thanks, Harland in CO 970-443-7534

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom