Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 Mirrors

J60FI

Corvette
1960 Red on Red
Can anybody tell me if the exterior mirror on the passenger door was an option for the C1 or any specific year between 58 and 62? I have a passenger door that has holes for the mirrors, and am not sure if i should repair them or install a second mirror...

Haven't been able to find much other than i know some of the corvette shops sell both..

Thanks in advance

Joe

I don't think they were an option. I've never seen a c1 with the passenger side mirror.

I am putting one on my resto vette. I don't like the idea of backing it up and not being able to see down that side of the car. Running into to something in the garage is not an option. Since my car is far from being NCRS, having both mirrors to see down the side of the car was a requirement in my mind.

I think I got it from Corvette Central....if you need to know where, let me know and I can give you specifics.

The peace of mind was worth it......

The big problem with putting one on a C1 car is that you can not put it in the same place as the driver's side, and it looks real crappy because it is not symetrical. Because of the location of the door post, if you put it in the same place on the passenger side, you can't see out of it! You have to move it so far back to be usable, that it really looks like crap. Herb, make sure you can live with the look before drilling the holes! On a C2, you can put the mirror in the same place, and it works fine. I have put a passenger side mirror on the 65 resto-mod, but I could not live with the look of one on the 59!

Regards, John McGraw

C1 mirrors

John, are you saying that you could not see a pass mirror at all? Was the normal view unusable? I acquired a nice mirror with a broken glass surface and my plan was to put in a wide angle mirror for the pass side.
C Ya, Joseph Rock
Frankenstein 59

Joseph,

That is correct. Sit in the driver's seat and have someone move the mirror until you can see it. If you put it in the same position as the driver's side, the passenger side door post will completely block your view of the mirror. Mine looked so funky when I finally got the mirror in a position that I could see it, that I decided not to install it!

Regards, John McGraw

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom