Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 rear end width...

Stan's Customs

Corvette
Project 1961....
Does anyone know right off what a stock C1 rear end width from brake drum face to brake drum face is? ...and width from spring perch or spring center to spring center if known.

I'm looking at a rear end on E-bay and don't have my C1 close enough to measure.

Thanks...Stan

my rear end is laying out on the garage floor as we speak....outside dimension of the outside face of the brake drum to outside face of the brake drum is 60" give or take 1/8"......the rear most center line to center line of the REAR spring perch attaching point on the rear end is 47-3/4" give or take 1/8".......if you need photos of what I am talking about...I will have to get them uploaded tonight after work....if you are looking to buy a rear end....mine is for sale along with the front end.....regards, Herb

Good morning and thanks very much Herb for your time . I really appreciate you measuring yours...

I was looking at a p-trac on ebay (12 bolt) that had beeen narrowed. I would use a stock corvette p-trac if I had one..my rear end is fine just isn't a p-trac. Can't seem to find one that isn't so far away the freight would make it less of a consideration.

Do you know what yours is and if it is a p-trac? You can PM or e-mail me with the info if you do, and a price.

Thanks again....Stan

C1 rearend

I have a 1960 4 series P case posi pumpkin (4:56 gears no extra cost if wanted) disassembled and packed for shipping, asking $499.00. The potential buyer did not buy it since the build date was one week after the date(s) needed for his car. I believe the FEDEX Ground was $60.00. Interested?
C Ya, Joseph Rock
Frankenstein 59
P.S. My car now has an 87 Vette rearend, I kept the pumpkin for a 56 Chevy wagon, which was sold last summer.

Thanks for the offer vetteman...

Right now I'm really after one I can just drop in..... with higher gears, 3:40's or so. I'll keep it in mind though, thanks for the offer.

Stan....

Welcome to the CAC.

What is your intended usage? Just driving or racing?

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom