Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 Update on my 61 restoration.

IH2LOSE said:
Whenever things go wrong for me or my luck is bad I just say "it could be worse, I could be Barry".

You know I like Barry so much that I wont do it.But this would have made an excellent quote to add to my signature.
Larry I already have a quote in your signature... it's someone else's turn now. :)

61 Project

Studio, Presently the status of my project is: the body is on a dolly & needs to be stripped & some fixing of some glass, the frame is painted, with parts going back on. The motor & trans are next to be refurbed.
There sure is alot of Gary's, Larry's and Barry's.!!!!!!!!! All with a good common interest.

studiog said:
Molson XXX.... Just in time for the weekend I'll give it a shot. My life is already fuzzy and out of focus so I may not notice the difference
:)

Studiog,

Congrats on the progress.

When buying "so-called" Canadian beer, make sure they don't try to fool you boys with the product they're selling below the border. It's not often the same thing as up here.

Y'all oughta try some of this 10% stuff. Yeah...10%. Oh momma. Be sitting down in the garage before twistin' a cap. :crazy Made in Canada by Labatt's.

0544_l.jpg

:gap

67HEAVEN said:
Studiog,

Congrats on the progress.

When buying "so-called" Canadian beer, make sure they don't try to fool you boys with the product they're selling below the border. It's not often the same thing as up here.

Y'all oughta try some of this 10% stuff. Yeah...10%. Oh momma. Be sitting down in the garage before twistin' a cap. :crazy Made in Canada by Labatt's.

0544_l.jpg

:gap
Looks like I'm gonna be doing allot of taste testing this weekend if I can find the real stuff. Sounds like just what I'll need after wrestling with the cables from my wiper transmission. Have a good one.

Larry Shermak said:
Studio, Presently the status of my project is: the body is on a dolly & needs to be stripped & some fixing of some glass, the frame is painted, with parts going back on. The motor & trans are next to be refurbed.
There sure is alot of Gary's, Larry's and Barry's.!!!!!!!!! All with a good common interest.
Sounds like good progress to me. Wasn't too long ago that that's where I was. Are you going to chemically strip the paint?

Maybe we should have called this "The Gary, Larry, Larry & Barry" thread. :)

61 Silver said:
studiog

I also purchased the after market .3-ohm resister. I ran the engine for a good 30 minutes to break in the cam prior to body drop. After body drop I ran the engine again for about 30 minutes. The next day I could not get the car to start. I check the points only to find the left set was burnt. I check voltage out of the resistor and it was at or about 10V. I believe that 10 volts is 2 volts too many. I installed different set of points and condenser and test-drove the 61. I had about 75 miles on the car and burnt another set of points. I then installed an after market resistor that measures .8 Ohms and 8 Volts. The car has run fine ever since. I just purchased and original black dot D1111 1931385 resistor but am hesitant to install it until I am sure what is causing the problem. If you get a chance, and I know you are very busy with your restoration, measure the voltage at the coil and at the resistor. This should be done when the resistor is hot. Are you using the 091 coil?

Thanks Ray

This is great info Ray. I hadn't really even thought of checking these things but now I will. It shouldn't take too much time to do so. Thanks much.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom