Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 Update or (I hope I can beat Carlisle to the finish line.)

• Thread starter Thread starter studiog
  • Start date Start date
S

studiog

The clock is running for Carlisle and I thought I would post a quick update of my recent progess for my many friends at CAC. One more day of polishing stainless and I can install my windshield in it's frame. I'm hoping the glass shop can fit me in this weekend since they are helping with the frame install. I cleaned painted and reassembled my heater box, new core included. Hope to install this weekend. Installed all new locks and linkages last night except for ignition. Got new glass for drivers side door and it is ready to install after I buff the SS frame that wraps around it. Passenger side same story with buffing. Ordered some major interior components and they should be here soon. Tires are creeping to the top of my to do list also. I am concentrating on essentials and putting off things like ignition shielding and trunk mat etc, for the moment. I also bolted on my hood and this is a bit of a minor setback. The hood has an excellent fit but the hinges seem to have moved backward (evenly) about 1/4". I attribute this to the final tightening of the radiator support and the fan shroud components. Everything else looks and fits nice so I hate to think of trying to move it all forward and it is probably where it should be now. I don't think I have a 1/4" of adjustment left in the hood hinges and I may have to offset the holes a bit.I'm happy with the fit of my doors, trunk and deck lid although I still have to install all the weatherstripping. The clutch adjustment went well and the tranny and linkage feel great. Also hope to prep the instrument panel and package tray for paint as well as the kick panels. I want to paint them this coming week. Hmmm, I think I need to take a few vacation days to get some of this done. Okay, I guess I'll wrap it up before my post starts getting as long as many of Barry's posts.. Just kidding Barry. Thanks all for your help and support.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

BarryK said:
grrrrrrrrrrrr
Barry, I love your new site. Very tastefully done and has a good flow. Great design elements. The site works great on my Mac. That looks like Cozumel on your home page. Thanks for sharing that.

thanks for the feedback on our new site. we are still working on it and adding stuff and making changes. The navigation through the site and the page layout was one of the things I had to redo a few times to make it work as easily as I wanted it to be but I'm fairly happy about how it's set up now so I appreciate your comments on that and I'm glad you found it easy to use. This was my first time ever doing a website so i'm very open to any comments or suggestions anyone has to make it better. I found a web-building software for the Mac that made it VERY easy to build a site and after playing with the software for an hour or two to get to know it the site only took me about 6 or 7 hours to get it where it is now. I think that's pretty good time for our first time learning it.
Should work fine on your Mac - I built the site on my Mac and I'm also hosting it on my Mac myself here at home. :) Linda and I love our Macs - all four of them here at home.

yep, you are right, you have a good eye, that is Cozumel in that picture. One of the ports of call on our Cruise back in Feb. That was a GREAT cruise with a bunch of great people. We went with a group of 52 of us - all from 3 different local Vette Clubs and we all had a fun time hanging out, having fun in the sun, and talking cars the entire time. :D

DONT rush the winsheild install.

Dont let Carlilse make you crazy.For me its normally a long wait for Carlilse,this year its coming around fast.

As for your hood

If you think the support is in the wrong place,re-set the support before altering the hinges.

I have learned anytime I try and take a short cut I pay for it latter.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.Funny how quick times goes by when your working on a car

Stuidog

The only word that comes into my mind is "OVERDRIVE" and I know that feeling very well. Each of my previous restorations had an activity planned that I did not attend because I did not complete the restorations on time. I am planning no activity for the 63 and will be taking my time until it is completed. If you need some help, let me know. I will be traveling to Conn. sometime prior to Carlisle to visit my son and I could give you a day or two of very cheap labor. (One on the way down and one on the way back) I am looking forward to meeting you and others and seeing all the Corvettes at Carlisle.

Ray

IH2LOSE said:
DONT rush the winsheild install.

Dont let Carlilse make you crazy.For me its normally a long wait for Carlilse,this year its coming around fast.

As for your hood

If you think the support is in the wrong place,re-set the support before altering the hinges.

I have learned anytime I try and take a short cut I pay for it latter.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.Funny how quick times goes by when your working on a car
Good advise on not letting Carlisle make me crazy, but I must admit it has been a good motivator. Larry I am going to take another good luck at the radiator support and see which way to go. Everything else seems to line up well and be in the right spot that is why I hesitate trying to move it but hopefully I'll sort it out this weekend. Good luck with your project.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom