Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 Big Block questions

IH2LOSE said:
You know I guess the cars are really never done. The motor portion of the project was a minor problem for me i had a Ls6 performance crate motor i was sitting on for years for this project and had to get the crate motor last minute after i found out the ls6 block had some issues.

I am going to do a cam change when I install the tri power set up. As we get closer to doing that I will look for some cam recomndations from the forum

I am going to do a cam change when I install the tri power set up.

Heh Larry...how will this effect your final hood design?? And did you ever lock in your final design for the hood?? I understand that the BG Tri Power set up comes with a nice oval air cleaner that sits very high..

Cutting the pistons should not be a issue. When the piston is up, the valves are closed except on overlap. A L71 is the same basic configuration as the L72. And the GM 180 cam is used with at least one point higher compression or larger domed piston than the L71 or L72 at 12.5-1. And with that compression they sound like a fueler. At least they should, I know mine do. I have a short vidio of the 454 LS7, but can`t get it on the forum. If one would like to hear it, E Mail me and i`ll send it back. :D

Viet Nam Vett said:
Heh Larry...how will this effect your final hood design?? And did you ever lock in your final design for the hood?? I understand that the BG Tri Power set up comes with a nice oval air cleaner that sits very high..

You know Mark I am starting to secound guess my self here. When I was building my hood I called the barry grant tecnical support and asked them how high off the galley in the block did the manifold come to the top of the air cleaner.I then took popsicle sticks and hot glued them to my intake manifold at that height and I added a 1/2" to that for clearance.From looking at the recent pictures I am hoping the dimention he gave me wasnt to the bottom of the air cleaner. I wont know till I finally get my hands on it.

IH2LOSE said:
You know Mark I am starting to secound guess my self here. When I was building my hood I called the barry grant tecnical support and asked them how high off the galley in the block did the manifold come to the top of the air cleaner.I then took popsicle sticks and hot glued them to my intake manifold at that height and I added a 1/2" to that for clearance.From looking at the recent pictures I am hoping the dimention he gave me wasnt to the bottom of the air cleaner. I wont know till I finally get my hands on it.

That's an issue I'm still dealing with on the 502. I have about 1/32" clearence to the hood. And sometimes It rubs in the center when I torque the motor. My problem is I have the Air Cleaner base spaced off with carb flange gaskets...to many and the cleaner hits the hood...to little of them and the claeaner top hits the Chocke plate.

This causes the the motor to fast idle. I'm using the K&N filter top and the K&N 3" wide base filter. So I have to come up with a solution to my problem.
If I use a standaed flat top chrome lid I can get by but ..the K&N filter top lets more air in. So there's the rub.

In your case at least you can redesign your hood to fit the air cleaner. In my case ..I want to keep the stock look of the 66 BB hood. Well..I'm sure you have given your design much thought and it should be easy to adjust for the AC height.

:beer

Hey VNV...

You want that "idle"?????

Just pull one spark plug wire. Who will know? Saves a LOT of money.

You're welcome.:m

Kid_Again said:
Hey VNV...

You want that "idle"?????

Just pull one spark plug wire. Who will know? Saves a LOT of money.

You're welcome.:m

.....Nah..I plan on pulling the pin on my e brake cable and letting it drag on the ground like your shifter rod...Nice effect...:beer

:rotfl

oh THAT pin.....yeah, i travel with a full selection of those puppies now :eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom