Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 - Clock contacts question

Ronald

Corvette
66 Coupe
A few years ago John McGraw posted a real useful post on cleaning the contacts inside the clock. I cleaned them off and the clock worked great for years. Now those contacts are finally worn down.

I wonder if I just put a dab of solder on each contact if that would work (I suspect not). Or, crazy glue a couple points type contacts on it ;shrug

Does anyone have any advice on how I could build up these contacts?

Thanks

A few years ago John McGraw posted a real useful post on cleaning the contacts inside the clock. I cleaned them off and the clock worked great for years. Now those contacts are finally worn down.

I wonder if I just put a dab of solder on each contact if that would work (I suspect not). Or, crazy glue a couple points type contacts on it ;shrug

Does anyone have any advice on how I could build up these contacts?

Thanks

When I did mine I just put a spot of solder on them still works fine that was years back. You can also send it out for repair.

Good Luck :beer:beer:beer

When I did mine I just put a spot of solder on them still works fine that was years back. You can also send it out for repair.

Good Luck :beer:beer:beer
I used solder and it is working fine now. Thanks alot :w
Interesting, I noticed that it 'flings" it back quite a bit farther than before. Must be because it is getting a better jolt on the contact now.

I don't know about the rest of you, but there's something about a working clock that makes me happy :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom