Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c2 fuel guage

00fxd

Corvette
'65 Convertable
I finally got a chance to look for the draw that runs my batt down in 2-3 days. It looks like its my fuel guage, that is the only live circuit. The guage is full time, not keyed. Will the fuel gauge draw my batt down in that time? There could be other stuff on that ciruit but I haven't found it yet. I've had the circuit disconnected for the last couple of days and am gonna check the batt tomorrow.

The fuel gauge is keyed on C3 and I'm surprised to hear it's live on C2.

-Mac

Mac;
It coulda been "improved" over the years.

The '65 fuel gauge is definitely fed only from the ignition/accessory circuit; it's fed from the fuse block by the same circuit that feeds the temp gauge, parking brake alarm lamp, and the fuel tank sending unit in the tank. None of those items should show any voltage unless the key is on (all are black wires with a pink tracer).
:beer

Thanks guys, it just seems that a fuel gauge shouldn't kill a batt in that short time. I'm using an accessory temp gauge and my brake alarm seems to be fed from some other feed. I just checked, my batt is up so my draw is gone. Success.
My wiring, among other things isn't exactly "as original", but it is in good condition. I'm pretty good with the electrical on these old cars [it's not too difficult] so I'm not in the market for a harness just yet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom