Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c2 rack and pinion

sunner

Corvette
1964 ocupe
Hi I own a 64 coupe I'd like to install a later model rack and pinion setup from a 82 vette in the car, I was wondering if I can purchase mounting brackets fror this conversion anywhere or if I have to fab somthing up to make this work? I can get the rack and other parts for free so I'd like to make this work. thanks Sunner

82 Vettes do not have rack and pinion steering.

But...there are conversion kits for that purpose. Search the I'net for "Steeroids". That kit adapts a GM front-drive steering rack to the C2/C3 chassis.

82 Vettes do not have rack and pinion steering.

But...there are conversion kits for that purpose. Search the I'net for "Steeroids". That kit adapts a GM front-drive steering rack to the C2/C3 chassis.
Thanks for the response I'm being told now that the rack set I'm getting is for an 85 vette thanks I'll check the steeroids web site for adapter brackets. sunner

Thanks for the response I'm being told now that the rack set I'm getting is for an 85 vette thanks I'll check the steeroids web site for adapter brackets. sunner
85 vette rack will not work in your car either. Steeroids makes the whole setup for your car and they use a Grand Am rack with their brackets. A better choice would be a Borgesen power steering box. Do a search, Borgesen makes a kit for your car. I used to have a Steeroids rack (for over three years) and now have a borgesen box.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom