Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 Radiator support repair kits?

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
I see many of the parts suppliers offer a kit to replace the lower section on the core support. Mine has some rust and wondered how GOOD these repair sections were?? Anyone use one?? Thanks, Kurt

64mike, I ordered mine from LI Corvette. I see Chicago Corvette has them too. They are $90 and what I can figure, it is a replacement for the lower section that it prone to rust. I guess I will see when it comes in.. Kurt

I just got the repair section in yesterday. Looks like an exact match to the bottom section of the support. Should be no problem welding it in...

kobi67 said:
64mike, I ordered mine from LI Corvette. I see Chicago Corvette has them too. They are $90 and what I can figure, it is a replacement for the lower section that it prone to rust. I guess I will see when it comes in.. Kurt

I cant seem to find these, any suggestions?

Derrick

I've rebuild several of these by plain old metal fab and welding. The one in my 75 was bad the bottom half was just about gone. I couldn't see spending $300-400 for sheet metal if it could be repaired. If you don't have the tools a good metal shop could do it for you. In this case I wanted stenght over NCRS points so I reinforced it with angle iron- it won't rot out for many years to come.
Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom