Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 Windshield replacement

Ronald

Corvette
66 Coupe
Just looking for some advice on replacing my windshield. I will have it installed by a professional, but I am wondering what parts I should order to facilitate the installation (clips etc.). The outside metal is fine. I'm not showing the car, so I don'd need it to be perfect, I'm just thinking it might be helpful to the windshield repair shop if I came in with the parts they would need. Thanks.

You'll need a new weatherstrip/seal (Corvette Rubber), and you'll probably find at least some of the molding retainer clips corroded/broken; get replacements from Paragon - theirs are the only ones that work. The clips can only be replaced when the windshield is out of the car.

:beer

You'll need a new weatherstrip/seal (Corvette Rubber), and you'll probably find at least some of the molding retainer clips corroded/broken; get replacements from Paragon - theirs are the only ones that work. The clips can only be replaced when the windshield is out of the car.

:beer
Thanks a lot :w

I was going to buy the new windshield at Eklers in Florida, but they don't have any in stock. I'm going to be driving up the the east coast from Florida back to Canada on Good Friday and thought I would pick one up enroute. Any other place I could check with? I don't really need a dated one.

windshield replacment

I was going to buy the new windshield at Eklers in Florida, but they don't have any in stock. I'm going to be driving up the the east coast from Florida back to Canada on Good Friday and thought I would pick one up enroute. Any other place I could check with? I don't really need a dated one.

I have had great results from Yesterday's Corvette Co. in Colo. Springs
in finding hard to find windshield parts. Fast service, friendly and fair pricing. 719-570-9011

Fred

:wThanks Fred. I did end up buying one when I was in Florida. I just bought it from a local glass shop. I was surprised they had it in stock. But the price was right ($218). It's tinted and looks great. For folks who don't need a numbered windshield, it's a good way to keep a few extra [FONT=&quot]shekels [/FONT]in their pocket. ;)

Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom