Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! C3 build sheets

JEFFERYG23

Corvette
1974 STINGRAY, SILVER MIST.
Can anyone direct me to a site to find the gm build sheet for my 1974 stingray. I have owned two other vettes but they were not project cars. I mainly restore 70's/80's muscle cars and trucks so i'm not even sure what i'm starting with or the direction the build needs to go. There have been some slight cosmetic changes , but mechanially the car is right. It just came with no power brakes and no power steering, but it has factory a/c and power windows. A friend who owns two mid 70's said he found that odd. Any help or direction would be great . Thanks keith.

I dont think its available for early vettes. Im pretty sure one was taped to the top of the gas tank out of the factory.
If you find a place I want to know also!
Good luck in your search....
Chas

Chas is correct, only place to find a build sheet for a St. Louis built Vette is taped to the gas tank.
If it is still there it will be very brittle.
If that's gone then you're out of luck. If you're very lucky and can find the original dealer they may still have some records, but very unlikely after 40 years.

Any chance of contacting the previous owner to determine whether he/she might have original factory documentation for the car? I agree no PB or PS might be out of the ordinary, but both were optional. The original owner may not have wanted either. He/she obviously want air and power windows.
:thumb

Chas is correct, only place to find a build sheet for a St. Louis built Vette is taped to the gas tank.
If it is still there it will be very brittle.
If that's gone then you're out of luck. If you're very lucky and can find the original dealer they may still have some records, but very unlikely after 40 years.

Well then, someone had better tell the fella who put it under the carpet behind the seats in 1973.... 'cause that's where I just found mine. ;)

You can at times find a copy under the seat or under the dash.

...Well then, someone had better tell the fella who put it under the carpet behind the seats in 1973.... 'cause that's where I just found mine...

Yep.

...You can at times find a copy under the seat or under the dash...

Yep. Copies of build sheets have been found tucked in the wiring behind the speedo/tach; tucked behind the center cluster; behind either kick panel; tucked in the springs under a seat; and under the carpet in the rear storage area. These alternate locations are hit or miss and chances are good that nothing will be found.

...Where do you find the dealer invoices?...

On the forum here: Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Owner Information Center | Build Sheets | Documentation

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom