Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 Center Console Insert- Wood or Vinyl?

emf1367

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Coupe
I have a 75 Convertible and need to replace the center console insert. My car has real wood on the doors and the console and I'm told it came that way from the factory. My console insert needs replacing. I have heard from two noted experts that give differing information about which material was used when the car came from the factory. Also a few different suppliers gave differing information.

I figure the best source of information would come from someone with a known original car. Is there anyone that has an original car that can tell me if their insert is vinyl or real wood veneer?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

I don't think they were real wood. My 76 wasn't, it is just fake wood that sticks on like the doors.

As far as I know there was not real wood from the factory, my center console is metal painted black, I believe some came with a wood finish but I believe they are all made out of metal.

The answers you got over on the NCRS site were pretty good and accurate.

My '73 had a real wood insert from the factory, but most vendor replacement parts are plastic. I was lucky enough to find an NOS real wood piece for the restoration. Another example of why getting wood is always a happy occasion.:beer

My original on my '74 was wood veneer over metal.

My original on my '74 was wood veneer over metal.

Same with my '72.

The deluxe interior had the upgraded carpet (pile instead of loop), carpet panel on the lower part of the doors (instead of plastic top to bottom), leather seats (instead of vinyl) and the wood grain door and console inserts (instead of black plastic.)

Thanks for the information

Thanks to each of you for taking the time to answer my question.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom