Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 comment on ECM

Lyle

Corvette
I recently had a mechanic tell me my ECM was bad. They sent it off to be rebuilt by Cardone, who sent it back and said they couldn't do it. Well my 82 vette had the 350 with the crossfire injection so I was limited on options. I spent weeks looking for any sign of one on the internet, willing to pay nearly anything at this point. I finally got a referral to a local guy who could solve the problem by replacing the ECM, manifold and injection system. Sounds expensive and complex, but all thing being relative I was driving the car without doing something. Two thousand dollars in parts later I now have a Edlebrock performer manifold and a Holley Sniper injection system. I'm pretty happy.

Unfortunately,our ECM's are 40 years old and extremely primitive in today's world.they were the first computers used to control a few functions in the engine.
Good luck with your changes!!

I think the 82 Crossfire ECMs have been hard to come by for a long time. There has been people that switch to a 1984 Crossfire ECM but it isn't just an easy plug and play. There are problems with the switch that have been documented on these forums. It's sad that the only way out is to modify the car but hang onto the original parts. As these become more valuable in the collector market I'm sure someone will come up with a custom ECM to run that Crossfire even better than the original. In the meantime, I'm glad that you have a great driving solution.

Tom.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom