Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 383 - 100 Horses Sleeping at Rear Wheels

Well after two years in the shop (most of the time it was just sitting there and no work was be done on it as the mechanic was working on numerous other cars that arrived after mine) I got it back about two months ago. The ZZ383 block with the Air Flow Research heads, Gen VII with wide band oxygen sensor, with the 700RA pulled 350 HP at the rear wheels @ 5800 RPM and 380 pound feet of togue at 3800 RPM. It feels much stronger that 350 horses. It is a "crazy fast; nasty fast Vette. Traction is a tremendous problem even from a rolling start.

As for Golen Engine Service, I got a lawyer and Chad Golen held out to the very end (one year to be exact) and settled in good style at the required court orderd mediation.

The guy who tuned the car for me told me that if it was a manual transmission that it would have pulled between 390 - 400 RWPH. It is in the paint hop now.

Well it is good to hear that you have some answers, and some problems worked out now.

Glad to hear that you've got things settled. It's been a long time so go out there and have fun before the white stuff starts falling! :w

It never ceases to amaze me when I read of things like this.... (shakes head)

There's too much "honest money" to be made out there, and you'd think a shop with national recognition would take extra steps to ensure quality. I'm glad things worked out for you.

Chad Golen,

I wonder how much $$$$ this thread is going to cost your company. Wouldn't it have been a lot smarter to have properly taken care of this customer when first notified of the problems?

Larry's Yellow Rdstr said:
Chad Golen,

I wonder how much $$$$ this thread is going to cost your company. Wouldn't it have been a lot smarter to have properly taken care of this customer when first notified of the problems?

They advertise heavily in the Chevy magazines. It had me thinking they were a reputable dealer. Not saying that they aren't but something like this really makes me wonder...

This ordeal with Golen Engine Service was one terrible bad dream. He was stubborn to the very end and tried his best to discredit my case, but was unable to do so because it was rock solid. I hired a good lawyer and we worked him over. He and his lawyer even tried to have my case thrown out by having his lawyer to file for a motion for the court to dismiss the case because when I bought the engine, Golen Engine Service was located in Massachuasetts and they moved to New Hampshire just before I filed suit against them, stating that the company that I bought the engine from was a Massachuasetts company and that his current company is a New Hampshire company, but the judge did not buy that. I made sure that my lawyer was licensed both in Massachuasetts and New Hampshire, and she knew how to take care of business. I ended up getting two expert witnesses. I had so much evidence on Golen Engine Service that he did not want the case to go before a jury. He was hoping that I would not fly to New Hampshire for the mandatory mediation because if I had not shown up, the court had clearly stated that the case could be thrown out. Well, I was there a day early and Chad Golen was generous in his attempt to settle the case out of court.

Having said that, I hope no one else has to go through what I went through with Golen Engine Service.

I bought my ZZ383 short block from Scroggin Dickey. They have been wonderful! Most of all, now my vette puts a smile on my face from ear-to-ear everything that I plant my right foot and the butterflies in the 58MM throttle body become horizontal.

Whe I get it out of the paint shop, I can't wait to take it to a quarter mile strip and time it.

I need some help figuring out my crank HP and torque numbers. As stated earlier, my vette pulled 350 RWHP @ 5800 on a Dyno Jet. After installing a new DUI distributor a few months ago, it still pulled the same 350 RWHP, but the RWT jumped up to 399 and I can definitely feel the difference. Does anyone know how to figure out/translate the torque at the crank from the RWT figures given my 700-R4?

Thanks

I need some help figuring out my crank HP and torque numbers. As stated earlier, my vette pulled 350 RWHP @ 5800 on a Dyno Jet. After installing a new DUI distributor a few months ago, it still pulled the same 350 RWHP, but the RWT jumped up to 399 and I can definitely feel the difference. Does anyone know how to figure out/translate the torque at the crank from the RWT figures given my 700-R4?

Thanks

You would take the RW figure and divide it by whatever you figure to be the net after figuring drive train loss:

If you're figuring 20% loss for the 700R4, it's: 399/.8 That would equal 498.75 at the crank.

You would take the RW figure and divide it by whatever you figure to be the net after figuring drive train loss:

If you're figuring 20% loss for the 700R4, it's: 399/.8 That would equal 498.75 at the crank.

Thank you very much.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom