Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C4 Door side molding removal?

JohnGrawcock

Corvette
Claret 82, Light Bronze 84, and Black 69 Vert
Hi all,

I need to remove the body side molding from the door of my wife's 84 to repair a crack in the fiberglass. Anyone here ever done this?

I only see two nuts. One at the front and one at the back. Obviously there are additional attachment points holding it in place. If there are more nuts they are not accessible from inside the door. Might be spring clips or an adhesive to allow removal from the outside. Does anyone know how it's attached and how to get it off?

Hi all,

I need to remove the body side molding from the door of my wife's 84 to repair a crack in the fiberglass. Anyone here ever done this?

I only see two nuts. One at the front and one at the back. Obviously there are additional attachment points holding it in place. If there are more nuts they are not accessible from inside the door. Might be spring clips or an adhesive to allow removal from the outside. Does anyone know how it's attached and how to get it off?
There clipped down the middle with plastic clips,Old ones break easy too!!:L
Careful to not bend the molding,You'll have to pry it off!:thumb

There clipped down the middle with plastic clips,Old ones break easy too!!:L
Careful to not bend the molding,You'll have to pry it off!:thumb
Thanks Junk. Any opinion on replacement moldings? Mine is pushed up a little were it was hit. I don't know if it I'll get it strait.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom