Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 friction disk thickness

BlueCorvette

Corvette
1985 two tone blue Z51 4+3
I measured the friction disk in my 1985 4+3 and it is .282 thick. Does anyone know what the OEM thickness is?

It doesn't seem like it has a lot of material left on it. I'm wondering if I should look into getting a new friction disk before I put everything back together.

Thanks

I measured the friction disk in my 1985 4+3 and it is .282 thick. Does anyone know what the OEM thickness is?

It doesn't seem like it has a lot of material left on it. I'm wondering if I should look into getting a new friction disk before I put everything back together.

Thanks

Replace it you went though all the trouble to get the transmission out, you wisely pulled the Bell Housing and Pressure plate and gave a look. So unless you have a knowledge of it not being to old or you just like laying on cold concrete replace it now, you have done all the labor except pulling the hardest part the wallet.

So yes I would recommend getting the Flywheel cut and getting a new Clutch Disk and Pressure plate, money well spent if you want to keep the car, and a good selling point if you don't want to keep car.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have the engine out and am looking at some light porting and roller rockers. I'm just trying to keep the costs down. The flywheel and pressure plate look good, very smooth finish. I was thinking about just replacing the friction disk, if it needed it. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom