Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 power seats?

• Thread starter Thread starter Last Ride
  • Start date Start date
L

Last Ride

Hey all--
I know this has been discussed on several occasions, but I have a chance at some decent C4 seats, but they are both power. I remember hearing that the power seats sit too high in the car. Is there any way around this? Can one economically deepen the floorpan, for instance? I have seen C5 power seats in a C3 vert that didn't look too tall. Can anyone verify the rumor that the 82 power seat option came with deeper floorpans to accomodate the seats? Thanks for the help.

I don't find them too tall. I have the leather power sport adjustables and actually tend to lift my side up for elevation.
My advice is, try out a car that has them and see...

Hi Bryan a friend of mine put C4 power seats in his 78, He had to cut of the floor pans lower them by 2.5" to make them fit right, now that they are in they are great. He said he wouldn't do it again, he hasn't touched the adjusting buttons since the day he got the seats installed, so have heavy power seats is bit pointless in his opinion

groovyjay said:
Hi Bryan a friend of mine put C4 power seats in his 78, He had to cut of the floor pans lower them by 2.5" to make them fit right, now that they are in they are great. He said he wouldn't do it again, he hasn't touched the adjusting buttons since the day he got the seats installed, so have heavy power seats is bit pointless in his opinion

Jay--
The weight is a good point, but this car is becoming more of a touring car. I was looking at the power seats because they are available and they would allow my wife to adjust the seat more easily. She is about 6" shorter than me, and likes to ride higher anyway. The old '78 seats just don't cut it! I have seen some C3's with the regular C4 nonpower seats, and I didn't realize how much higher the power seats sit! 2.5" seems like an aweful lot, especially since the car sits so low to the ground to begin with. I guess I will need to think about it a bit more!

Bryan

C-4 seats

I installed a pair of 96 seats in my 72 coupe last fall and was hoping to use the power seat tracks but it ended up being too tall so I unbolted the electric tracks and bolted the 72 tracks to the 96 seats (I had to drill one hole on each seat frame to adapt them) and then they bolt right in. They sit a little higher that the 72 seats did but at 5'4 inches that is good anyways. They recline and even though there isnt much room to recline them, it still makes it nice when you are on a long road trip to be able to change them. You dont slide in and out of them as easily as the stockers as they have the side bolsters that stick up some but they are waaay more comfortable than the stock seats. Hope this info helps.

MIke

I put 84 seats, non power into our 75. the seats are comfortable, but I am 6 feet and rather rotund. I hit the top when I have the tops on. My wife of 5 feet likes them as she no longer has to use a cushion to sit on. They do look great and are very comfotable accept for the height. I would do it again. No floor alteration, just some plates made to fit seat frames to 75 rails.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom