Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 pricing

Gorgon

Corvette
None
Since I live in FL and only an hour from Orlando I took the time to visit Roger's Corvette on Saturday. They have a fantastic collection of vehicles to choose from. But it seems that some of these prices are excessively high. They had a fairly clean 95 vert with 11k miles and wanted $29k for the car. Hell, that's $2k more than my neighbor paid for his 99 C5 hardtop with 28k miles. Kelly Blue Book lists the car as $22k with that many miles. Are there people out there that pay that kind of premium for a one owner, low miles car? Personally it's not worth the extra $7k to me. And all the prices on the web site are FIRM which I found out asking about the car. I wouldn't think with the market in its current position that they would not get these prices for some of these cars. Comments?

And let me clarify that I am not in any way bashing Roger's Corvettes. He has a fantastic collection of cars and they work hard to provide quality examples of these cars. Just looking to spark conversation on some of the pricing I've seen during my search.

I agree Gordon. I 've gone up there a number of times to take a look. Some wonderful cars but steep in price. You can do a heck of a lot better buying privately. There are many sites available. Remember that dealer pricing is often high due to their ability to hold the note. Most times people don't have the available cash. There are many nice C4's out there at reasonable prices.
Good luck in the hunt.:cool

Carlo

You may want to take a look at the Callaway forum under a Callway for sale with many replies...

As for Rogers, they have fatastic cars... How they manage to find that many low mileage perfect corvettes is beyond me... One CAC member put it best by explaining that Rogers does the legwork to find these amazing cars... thus the prices are higher because you are paying for the legwork....

I personally do not like Rogers... They also don't sell that many cars... I take a look at their inventory every once in a while and find that they have the same cars in stock for many many months (sometimes years)

Where in FL do you live, and what year vette do you want? I may be able to point you in a better direction to shop for a vette (actually, there are two other Vette dealers right accross from Rogers)

I saw one of the dealers as we left Roger's. It seemed they only had 4 or 5 vettes outside so we didn't bother to stop (or try to cross the four lanes of traffic ;) ).

As to my vette search, I originally started looking at C5 verts, but quickly realized they were a little more than I am willing to spend at this time. Now I would like to find an LT1 vert, preferably 94-95, or maybe an LT4 vert, must be six-speed and torch red. Tan or black interior fine, no red leather.

I live on the east coast in Melbourne. Found a fairly clean looking 95 in Titusville for a fantastic price (though it had 83k miles on it) but have not been able to contact the seller to verify that he even still has the car. (He may be on vacation.)

Kerbeck has a 95 with 23k miles, but I'm thinking thier asking price is still a little high as well. Any suggestions you could make would be great.

BTW, triple black is nice, but the wife insists on red. ;) Also have a buddy that has a triple black 40th anniversary 6-speed. Would hate to be a copy-cat. :)

Ive seen a 96 CE 36K miles w/black int for 24K
BTW bob your red int CE is pretty rare . Thats what I was looking for when I found my LT4.

Rogers Corvette Center Prices

I have bought a couple of cars from Rogers in the past and paid top dollar for them and they were well worth the price.There are two school of thought on that I believe.First, if you want to buy a Corvette Classic on your own and you are willing to track the car down through the ads and dealerships and spend the time kicking the tires, asking questions and taking a gamble that the car is what it is supposed to be then you deserve to get the lowest possible price for the car, especially if you are lucky enough to find an older one with low miles.
Having said that I prefer to shop at a dealership that has 20 to 60 quality to pristine low milage classics under one roof where they did all the leg work and back up the car with documentation and a verified odometer statement. Some of these dealerships even give out warantees on these cars.I feel like a kid in a candy store having the luxury to shop my favorite C4 under one roof rather than calling up people on the phone and taking their word about the car only to be disapointed 9 out of 10 times.Besides I don't want to gamble that the car was a fraud in some respect.
Roger's breaks their a** to get these cars, and pays a price to maintain them in their showroom and quite frankly HELPS to maintain a higher retail price for these classics by not budging on their prices.As an owner of 3 C4's I find that comforting.At any rate can you blame them for charging more if they are to bring you 60 quality C4's under one roof? :(
I prefer to pay more so places like Rogers can exist and make it easier for me to obtain the Vette of my dreams without the hassel. It's worth it. However I tip my hat to anyone taking the first path and getting lucky enough to steal a great car at a low price! :upthumbs

Usually after ya buy your vette,20 people tell ya thay know of 1 exactly like yours & naturally CHEAPER/LOL!!!Good luck with your search

Half the fun

I personally like the chase. It wouldn't be any fun if they fell on their backs with their legs in the air now would it? I get the fever, and then I start looking around. I think as long as you are reasonable you can get what you want for nearly what you want to pay for it. $29k is way too much to pay for a 95 vert. I got my 99 coupe for $30k and it only had 10,000 miles on it, and I got it from a dealer! Nothing like a GM certified used car because they take care of everything. I take a look at the market, see about blue book and NADA priceing, look at autotrader, corvettetrader.com and then I start getting serious. I went to a few local and not so local dealerships and after test driving a few, decided what I would and wouldn't pay. Don't feel bad about walking out if you don't get the deal you want...you will be amazed at what the dealers can get if they want. Leave your name and number and wait...you will get a call when they find your car for you. It took two weeks for mine. Good luck.
--Drew:w

Gorgon said:
I saw one of the dealers as we left Roger's. It seemed they only had 4 or 5 vettes outside so we didn't bother to stop (or try to cross the four lanes of traffic ;) ).

The place across the street is H & H Corvette, Inc.. I bought my car from them. They don't have the fancy showroom, but they don't have a "Lord of the Corvettes" attitude either. They have a nice selection of good, quality Vettes and they know their stuff. Prices are more down to earth. Let them know what your looking for and they can help you find it.

Spiderman :w

I got my 99 rare Nassau Blue Convertible with a white top and six speed from a used car dealer at a great price of 33 grand! It had 41,000 miles on it but the paint was perfect.In order to restore the car to brand new condition I had to sink some money into it.Left alone it was excellent but I wanted a showroom museum piece because less than 200 C5 convertibles with stick in Nassau Blue and a WHITE TOP were made. I replaced the white top which was excellent with a brand new NOS GM factory replacement top, replaced the very good light grey sport seats with brand new NOS GM factory replacement sports seats seat covers,<as per original >replaced the windshield, side glass and remote mirrors glass with brand new NOS GM glass and moldings and replaced the exhaust system with a brand new NOS GM replacemet exhausts, and added the chrome Corvette plate inserted between the rear exhaust tips. I also had the car up on a lift and cleaned and detailed the undercarriage and next month I'm bringing the car over to my body shop for a light wet sanding and professional detailing to bring the paint surface to better than new.The car looks like it just rolled off the assembly line! :_rock

LouBelleraVideo said:
I got my 99 rare Nassau Blue Convertible with a white top and six speed from a used car dealer at a great price of 33 grand! It had 41,000 miles on it but the paint was perfect.In order to restore the car to brand new condition I had to sink some money into it.Left alone it was excellent but I wanted a showroom museum piece because less than 200 C5 convertibles with stick in Nassau Blue and a WHITE TOP were made. I replaced the white top which was excellent with a brand new NOS GM factory replacement top, replaced the very good light grey sport seats with brand new NOS GM factory replacement sports seats seat covers,<as per original >replaced the windshield, side glass and remote mirrors glass with brand new NOS GM glass and moldings and replaced the exhaust system with a brand new NOS GM replacemet exhausts, and added the chrome Corvette plate inserted between the rear exhaust tips.Next month I'm bringing the car over to my body shop for a light wet sanding and professional detailing to bring the paint surface to better than new.The car looks like it just rolled of the assembly line! :_rock

Sweet :upthumbs

Still making my parts list and budgeting my money. I'll get there eventually though. :)

Spiderman :w :_rock

jerrys96lt4 said:
Ive seen a 96 CE 36K miles w/black int for 24K
BTW bob your red int CE is pretty rare . Thats what I was looking for when I found my LT4.

Pretty rare indeed... especially when you add in the LT4 and Z51... 96 CE w/back interior, 36k for 24,000? Anyone interested in my vette? It has 37.5k, both tops, LTPWS, new front tires..... I am thinking about selling it and buying an older C4... I love this car to death, but I don't drive it enough to justify the big bucks sitting in my garage:(

Gordon....bought my 95 coupe, 90K miles, off of Ebay...for $13,500....well below book. There's a great selection of cars...and you're bidding to win. I flew to Dallas to pick up my machine and drove it back home. May not be for everyone, as you're buying the car sight unseen in most instances...though Ebay now provides some protection in that regards. Found most of the private party guys on there to be vette lovers....who won't screw you over. Try it, you might like it.

i bought my CE lt4 w/torch int. from rogers. it was high but he opened up on a sunday (fathers day) so i could fly in and see if i wanted the car. there is also an independent service that does a 100 or more point check of any car on their lot and faxes it to you. 24k trouble free miles later i would buy another from him

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom