Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! C4 quad driver, car dies, will not start = help

TammyLS

Corvette
1993 40th White
I AM GOING TO START A NEW THREAD TO BETTER EXPLAIN SYMPTOMS AND REMEDY... THAKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP. THE LINK

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ode-failure-update-remedy-issues-answers.html

O.K. Last time I posted it was prior to the check engine light coming on. Now, the check engine light comes on. I lost my Vette mechanic, and have a real good guy working on it now I've known for years but he is having a hard time with this.

Heres the deal:

Now the check engine light comes on....

I've replaced the fuel filter and a couple fuel lines that were damaged or old.

The Quad Driver code comes on now.

My car dies without warning, in intersections and at whim. Will not restart right away, but seems to re start when it feels like it and wants to.

This last time it died today, it reved a little higher than normal, than puttered out.

The battery dies quickly it appeared, unlike before during this bout.

this has been happening for about a month for the dying out but like once a week, now it's been twice this week.

The check engine light just came on last week.

My mechanic seems to think he should replace the ecm, however i've read everything from fuses to individual modules that could be the cause of it all, setting the light, the dying?

Help :eek:hnoes

Anything helps, thank you :cool!:

Anything helps, thank you :cool!:
What Q driver Fault Codes are you getting?~??

I might have a little expeireance with C4 electronics! :D

I will ask him the number, I forgot to write it down. I didn't mention I have a 93 too.

I appreciate all help with this. Instead of replacing all parts until one works it would be easier to try the most logical one first.

Also I have a shop manual. On another board I was told the manual has step by step instructions on how to find the fault for the code?

Thank you

If you are getting the code for faulty quad driver, it is likely that the best way to go is your mechanic needs to follow the diagnostic instructions for that code listed in the Factory Service Manual for 1993.

update

The error code is in quad 1 apparently. I don't have the number to be more specific.....

Thanks again

My mechanic seems to think he should replace the ecm, however i've read everything from fuses to individual modules that could be the cause of it all, setting the light, the dying?

Help :eek:hnoes

Why does he think this? Did he test for proper voltage at some socket of the ECM connector, and fail to find it? Or maybe that's the easiest part to swap out (Plug and PRAY repair)?

Get him to SHOW you tests which make him 'seem to think'...

Update

Prelim diagnosis is the distributor. We are going with that and of course replacing the water pump too in the process.

Once we are done I will update to let everyone know how it worked out.... It is time for a new one and it makes sense as to how it ran, or didn't.

Thanks to all for your input.....

Update coming next week hopefully, gotta tear the car apart now. ;shrug

Prelim diagnosis is the distributor. We are going with that and of course replacing the water pump too in the process.

Once we are done I will update to let everyone know how it worked out.... It is time for a new one and it makes sense as to how it ran, or didn't.

Thanks to all for your input.....

Update coming next week hopefully, gotta tear the car apart now. ;shrug

Maybe get a scan done at a local speed shop, and check high and low resolution signals of the opti, before taking the front of the motor off...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom