Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Rims / Any Pics? Post them here!

J

Joe Deb Vette

All: I have seen quite a few posts, looked all over the web, but still never got a definite answer on a question. I have a 94, wanted to change out the stock rims / tires and give my Vette a different look. How big can I go without rubbing or creating other issues? I've seen Ruff Racing rims, any other brands out there that would fit?

Anyone have pics of what they've done? Please post them here! My Vette is black, was thinking of black rims, but my wife hates the idea....and need her to like it too...

Thanks!

i just put a set of 275x40x18 back and 245x45x17 on the front the 275s are about 10''? ithink i know the rim is 9'' at the bead, you can get away with 255s up front in a 17'' but i belive the 275 is about all you can go on a C-4 rear without the offsets,i'm also running 2000 C-5 stock rims

All: I have seen quite a few posts, looked all over the web, but still never got a definite answer on a question. I have a 94, wanted to change out the stock rims / tires and give my Vette a different look. How big can I go without rubbing or creating other issues? I've seen Ruff Racing rims, any other brands out there that would fit?

Anyone have pics of what they've done? Please post them here! My Vette is black, was thinking of black rims, but my wife hates the idea....and need her to like it too...

Thanks!
Just my $0.02 here........;LOL..

I was told that 315s / 17x11" rims
front & rear would work w/o having them RUB

Front tires :275/40/17 Goodyear GS-C Eagles.
Wheels : 17"x9.5" AFS ZR-1 ZR-1 five spoke
.I think this combo works out great for me and My C4 is lowered 2"
( as seen by the Wheel well arch
( where the tire is .... and i have a Grand sport
caliper/rotor upgrade)

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture626-c4-vette-1984-043.jpg

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture625-c4-vette-1984-044.jpg

Rear Tires: 315/35/17 Goodyear GS-c Eagles
Rear wheels: 17" x 11" AFS ZR-1 five spoke

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture624-c4-vette-1984-038.jpg

I also have the 5 spoke AFS wheels. The front wheels are 17 x 9.5 with the 275/40zr/17. the rear ones are 17 x 11 with 315/35zr/17 tires. They fit right on with no offsets. I don't have any rubbing but the rear tires stick out past the body about an inch so I sometimes fail the Pa annual safety inspection. I am currently driving w/o the inspection sticker due to that. If I had it to do over I would just put the 9.5s on the back to avoid that hassle. Also, those 315s are expensive. Hope that helps.

those 315s are expensive. Hope that helps.
Yeah But they look KICK ASS when following this car :thumb I'm going to be Sporting some :thumb GS Flares REAL SOON
(Ebay store-Corvetteswest..... they make the :upthumbs flares for $250 a pair free shipping ) :thumb

IMG_0529.jpg

ZR1 Repro's with stock size tires. Wheels are 17x9.5 all around.

I also have the 17x9.5's front and 17x11's rear with the GS offset. They stick out a little in the rear, but I don't think it's an inch. No rubbing.

paint007.jpg

paint008.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom