Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Tips My 84 runs horribly.

Machine15825

Corvette
1984 C4
I am in the process of tuning my up and putting the 85 fuel pump in it. I got a ac delco replacement and it didn't come with the plug to splice into the stock sending unit. Any tips and tricks for these cars would be appreciated. Can I adjust my fuel pressure with out a special tool?? And if I do need a special tool can anyone get me a part number?? Perferrably a tool that isn't provided by the money grubbing over charging people at DCS.... They ask WAY to much for some of their stuff. Does GM offer anything?

I am in the process of tuning my up and putting the 85 fuel pump in it. I got a ac delco replacement and it didn't come with the plug to splice into the stock sending unit. Any tips and tricks for these cars would be appreciated. Can I adjust my fuel pressure with out a special tool?? And if I do need a special tool can anyone get me a part number?? Perferrably a tool that isn't provided by the money grubbing over charging people at DCS.... They ask WAY to much for some of their stuff. Does GM offer anything?

If you "knew" what went into the making these items, you wouldn't say that, but that's just me.

Whatever you are obviously directly affiliated with DCS. Anyways, if you don't have answers for my questions don't write in my posts. Thanks. I got the vette running well... I was just looking for some help.

Geez people mellow out.

Personal?? Its only personal if you own or run DCS? I was always taught opinions are like as$h*les everyone has one and most of them stink. I have my car figured out so this thread needs no more replies. You want an apology? I'm sorry...

WE ARE HERE BECAUSE WE OWN CORVETTES. NOT TO ARGUE ABOUT EACH OTHERS OPINIONS OR ARGUE PERIOD. I AM HERE TO LEARN. THANKS

"as$h*les"

Need I say more? No apology needed. Just wondering why you need to call out DCS as "money grubbing". Let's not forget this is how your thread started. If you would have left the stuff about DCS out you would have been given a part number for a tool that would work with some modification. It is a PITA to use but that would have been your choice.

So, here is your lesson for today's session. Don't start a thread with calling out a person or entity for which you know nothing about and you may get the information you are looking for. If you start things out on a negative note you are more than likely going to be SOL.

Oh, you may want to check out this thread http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-mine/113969-dynamic-crossfire-solutions.html. At least two people like what DCS does.

I don't care who likes what DCS does. I planned on purchasing from the people when I got the money. And like I told buccaneer if I was bashing anyone or "calling them out" I would have said there stuff was junk. I work at a machine shop and know the cost/profit margin on most things... Everyone is money grubbing these days and if anyone tells you otherwise they are lying. I do it you do it everyone does it. And like I said everyone has opinions and everyone is entitled to them. I don't care if you want to give me the part number or not. I got it running good with no help from you and I'll do everything else with no help from you. Thanks and have a great day. You win. I could care less.

Machine
Not sure how to adjust the regulator but also just installed the 85 pump. Going to install the adjustable regulator soon. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend changing the rubber fuel lines to high pressure ones. Biggest improvement I have had since becoming a member here is changing the Oxygen sensor...$20 and worth every penny...idle came down and computer stopped dumping fuel in. I have read on here that the CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor) helps considerably to smooth idle when cold. Hope this helps abit.

Now that's better, I appreciate your reply very much. I planned on changing the O2 sensor when I put my new true duals on. The temp sensor will definitely be on my to do list. I have it running pretty well right now. I love this car just wish it didn't cost so much to paint a vette. I did upgrade to high pressure fuel lines with my efi pump swap, there are so many things I'd love to do but time time time

engine running rough

I as a member find the comments about DFS offensive,mainly due to DCS have put alot of hard work into making & researching parts,equipment ,making manifolds etc to make the *$ Crossfire Corvette a car to be proud of.
I could not have done what I have done to my engine with out there help,and I think this can be said by many members.
We are all here to help each other not to give unwarranted opinions.
Cheers:thumb

I as a member find the comments about DFS offensive,mainly due to DCS have put alot of hard work into making & researching parts,equipment ,making manifolds etc to make the *$ Crossfire Corvette a car to be proud of.
I could not have done what I have done to my engine with out there help,and I think this can be said by many members.
We are all here to help each other not to give unwarranted opinions.
Cheers:thumb

All we need now is our manifolds, I have my rear tb ready to be adjusted and I bought the tool to adjust it and I have that cool little fuel pressure gauge and I have the TB bored out to 2 inches from DCS but I am still waiting for the renegade, I hope it gets here soon.:eek:hnoes

Don't want to sound pedantic here but, it's "couldn't care less". I know many people leave out the n't, to do so makes the saying a nonsense.......Roger.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom