Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C4 Under Hood Light Not Coming On!!

Binkybubba

Corvette
1996 LT4, Coupe, Arctic White
Hi all, I ve had more LT4 for about 3 weeks and the under hood lights have never come on. I assume from other threads that it should come on via mercury switch and stay on for around 15 minutes. I removed the lenses today to clean and check the lamps. All clean and lamps seem to be ok. I obviously should have pulled out a meter at this time but was in a hurry and lazy so I still need to check this. Just wondering if I am missing something obvious like a switch or other activation having to do with the daylight sensor? ;shrug I will meter the lamp holder and check for fuse issue but if anyone can confirm proper sequence of operation that would be appreciated. Neither the owners manual nor my Haynes manual even mention the lights.

Cheers,
:beer

Most of your assumptions concerning the under hood lamps are correct, they are not on a timer however and will remain on until the hood is closed. To prevent a dead battery when leaving the hood raised for long periods such as during a car show you can unplug the fuse located near the electric air injection pump at the left front corner below the headlight. On the left side of the vacuum reservoir in the picture below:

code26003Large.jpg

It is possible the previous owner removed the fuse and never replaced it which would explain the lamps not working. Good luck, hope it is that simple.:thumb

Thanks! Problem Solved

Thanks a million! :thumb I found the plug "out" of the cover and the fuse was gone. I tried a 15amp fuse and it worked just like it should, switches are ok too! I could not find any actual amperage identification in O/M or Haynes book. There was no indication on the fitting or tag either. Any idea what the proper size is?

Cheers,

Thanks a million! :thumb I found the plug "out" of the cover and the fuse was gone. I tried a 15amp fuse and it worked just like it should, switches are ok too! I could not find any actual amperage identification in O/M or Haynes book. There was no indication on the fitting or tag either. Any idea what the proper size is?

Cheers,

Glad that was the problem, correct fuse is 10 amp.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom