Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C4 Water Pumps - Are the top end ones really any better?

AussieCorvetteNut

Corvette
1984 Two-tone Blue Coupe
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at water pumps for my rebuild and wanted to know if there are any thoughts on Water Pumps brands...ie are the more expensive brands really worth the extra outlay of cash?

I have an AC Delco unit for my 84 Coupe and am looking at an Edelbrock unit...just not too sure what the differences are aprt from price.

Any thoughts?

I used a NEW (not rebuilt) A/C Delco on my rebuild last year.

Thanks Don

I used a NEW (not rebuilt) A/C Delco on my rebuild last year.

Any tourbles with the AC Delco Unit Don?

I have the same unit and about to put this one on...my engine won't be the same old Crossfire when it goes back together.
I am changing quite a lot of things including an engine and fuel injection upgrade.

:beer

Tony

No Tony, The A/C Delco is doing a great job. No worries! I've also had good luck with Murray. They are a premium replacement brand here. I'm also running a 160* thermostat. Keeps her running cool and Happy! :happyanim:

I am looking at the same thing. The Edelbrock pumps that I see list CNC machined impellers, which should be better than the stamped steel ones.

I am looking at sub $100 aluminum hi-flow pumps, I'm not sure if they are better/worse than the OEM pumps?

Huge difference on ACD pumps compared to Edelbrock.

The Edelbrock coolant pump is a far better design. Quality will be better. Cooling, especially, ECT differences, side-to-side will be much more consistent. Coolant flow will be much improved.

For a performance applicaton, the Edelbrock is a far better choice. If the application is non-performance and a standard replacement where cost is a key issue, then the ACD is the way to go.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom