Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4C5- Codes Thrown, question

mick_s3

Corvette
1997 White Coupe
I am getting P0134 and P0154, they are lighting the check engine ligt. Any insight into what is causing this, and is there any possibility that I can fix this myself?

Thanks,

Mike

P0134- 02 sensor, bank 1 sensor 1

P0154 02 sensor, bank 2 sensor 1

Thanks, I looked them up too.

I should have been more specific in my question I guess. I am curious as to these errors being thrown together. I have had the oxygen sensors replaced on one side already, and the fact that I am getting a code off of both sides makes me go hmmmmm.

I am suffering from the lack of control of the vents on the A/C, so I am sure I have some sort of vacuum leak somewhere. Could a vacuum leak cause these codes to be thrown together? It is because of the fact they were thrown as a pair makes me think it is not the sensors that are causing the error, but some other problem that is impacting the function of the sensors.

Thanks,

Mike

I would fix your vacumm problem first.
the big problem i have found on these is the vacumm to the cruise control ball, the hoses dryrot
also there is a vacumm tee on the intake that brakes also, at least i have seen it on a 92.

Yea I believe that my problem lies with the vacuum line that is between the motor and the firewall. I also have some issues with the pcv valve plumbing. I ordered replacement pcv and all hoses etc... need to pick it up tonight on my way home if I have time.

Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it!

(I love this place:CAC )

Mick

VACUUM LEAK

I would suggest that you pull your battery and the tray that it sits in to check for acid damage below the battery. I am not sure exactly where the acid comes from, but I think that the battery cracks right at the terminals. I had some really significant damage in my '97 from this, and one of the things that I lost was control of the AC vents. There was a 'fix-it' article in one of the corvette magazines about this very topic. There is a vacuum line that runs in or near a wiring harness right below the battery and it is part of the control system for the AC vents.
I hope that I am wrong, but give it a look.

Re: VACUUM LEAK

I know where it came from. When I bought this car I was very ignorant of the C5 and didn't know then what I know now.

The cars second owner had the battery leak. They replaced it without cleaning the mess up. I bought the car, and even mentioned to the salesman I thought it was odd that there was an Exide battery in it... :eyerole

After I had it a few months the Exide EXPLODED at a gas station. Real cute...:mad

I accompanied the car to another dealership, and me and a tech pulled the battery tray. There was NO paint on the frame, which I attribute to my theory about the previous owner and his problem.

I will pull the battery and tray this weekend. While we had the battery and tray out we soaked the area with acid neutralizer and flushed it with water. After we dried it off we painted the frame and re-assembled. I imagine that the vacuum line down there is toast....

Thanks everyone for your help I do appreciate it....

Mick

DRTH VTR said:
I would suggest that you pull your battery and the tray that it sits in to check for acid damage below the battery. I am not sure exactly where the acid comes from, but I think that the battery cracks right at the terminals. I had some really significant damage in my '97 from this, and one of the things that I lost was control of the AC vents. There was a 'fix-it' article in one of the corvette magazines about this very topic. There is a vacuum line that runs in or near a wiring harness right below the battery and it is part of the control system for the AC vents.
I hope that I am wrong, but give it a look.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom