Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 2001 Air Box Cover Change

Quicksilver3

Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Metalic Roadster
I have a 2001 C5 with a stock air box part # 25314814
I have heard that a air box cover from a Z06 has a larger opening in it and can be used on the C5, if this is the case,
what is the part # of the cover and the air filter?
Thank

Gord

Corvette Central sells the OEM part for $64. Your money would be better spent on a quality intake system from Blackwing (my choice), Breathless, K&N, etc, etc, etc,

I wanted to keep my car stock. The Zo6 air box cover is a natural. I added it along with a K&N filter. Still lokks stocks and adds hp slightly.

Just my .02 but I tried the '02 Z06 airbox cover 1st with the stock paper filter ($46+Shipping Ken Fictner) and thought I got a lil more growl from the engine and better throttle response in the upper rev range on my then stock '01 A4 Coupe'.
Next I bought the Blackwing and replaced the '02 Z06 airbox cover...I don't feel much if any difference but it is a nice piece of work.
My conclusion: get the '02 Z06 airbox cover and maybe a K&N if you like and enjoy!

I strongly recommend the 2002 or later Z06 airbox cover. I got mine from Ken Fictner's Chevy too. Only $48, best bang for $. If you are under 405 hp, you will feel and hear a difference. It's been dyno proven to match other more expensive filters. Plus its OEM and no water ingestion problems. I use a paper filter, some use a K&N (but watch for MAF oil problems).

I was looking for the correct GM air box part # to switch my cover ( orginal part # 25314814 ) to a Z06 cover, I now think I have the GM part # which is 12567571

Thanks

Does anyone have a photo of the Zo6 box with the air inlets showing? And what is the deal with oil on the MAF? How would that change by going to a Zo6 box or other aftermarket type?

aloha, i agree with MagRed 2002, there is a similar post in the Mods section, more info on there.later Todd.

CeeFive
The after market filters like K & N use an oil coating to help collect the dirt. If you use to much you can get residue build up on your MAF element. Using a good greaseless electronic cleaner on the element once and a while will keep the element clean and functioning properly.

aloha, thats what i use on my MAS, because it leaves no residue. my halltech filter,cleans with simple green, and coat with mineral oil. cheap and fast,later,Todd.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom