Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Corvette

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
Am thinking of getting another corvette an want a C5. what is the best year?

How About A "Slightly" Modified 2001?

Remo:cool

An 04 is the best a C5 can ever be!
;LOL;LOL;LOLProud Papa!!:boogie:boogie:boogie I have a 03 Z-51 6 sp,01 Z06,94 LT1 6sp Cp,78 L82 Cp and a 69 300/350 3 sp, There All the Best!!! :D:D:D But I've never drove a Corvette that I absolutely hated!!!:thumb :upthumbs

For a stock Corvette, I would agree with others and say go with the latest and greatest - 2004. However, an '04 can present some unique challenges if you mod the engine/powertrain, since it is unique in its use of some parts and programming from the soon-to-be-introduced (at that time) C6. For example, the P0068 PCM code and the fuel pump are unique to 2004 C5's. Actually, a small number of '03s have the new fuel system as well (VINs with last 6 digits = 114930 or higher).

I am looking at a 2000 .. 6 spk.. any good or bads on this one?

My 2000 has been great! It was the first year for the single fuel return and thin spoke wheels.

Get the newest you can afford. Each year they got a little better than the previous years, IMHO.

Good luck on your search!! :thumb

Ditto they got better each year.

does 200 corvette's have huds?

HUD was available on the 2000 model as an option.

I've found that the 2001 or the 2002 (can't remember which) 6-speeds shift much better than the earlier C5's. I believe there was some sort of change in either the '01 or '02.

Like others have said, do your homework, look at a LOT of Corvettes! There are a whole lot of them for sale out there!! Use this as part of your research program. You can find out all kinds of info by year. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/

Let us know how you make out.

Elaine

Since i have a 2003 - 50th Corvette ( not a special edition..) , i found this..

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

I know everyone says newer is better, BUT, I bought a 10 year old '97 and have had it for two years without any problems. ;shrug

When you buy it used, all the problems are worked out

I know everyone says newer is better, BUT, I bought a 10 year old '97 and have had it for two years without any problems. ;shrug

When you buy it used, all the problems are worked out

:thumb All's well that ends well!

I think the mindset is that newer usually has less mileage and less time for someone to flog it to death plus the technology improves with every model year.

A ten year old well taken care of Vette is better than a two year old which has been hotrodded and had sloppy maintenance.

At least in my opinion.

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom