Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 embroidered patches

jrizzuto

Corvette
2008 Black A6
I searched everywhere. I can't believe no one sells C5 embroidered patches. If you have a favorite jacket, shirt, whatever......just sew a patch on. Simple, right?

So.....who has 'em?

I can have them made, but it will cost a couple hundred bucks to make a lot of 250.

Did you price any company's that could embroider just a certain article of clothing.My wife had a leather purse embroidered for about $30

General Motors would have to approve the patch as it is a copyrighted symbol.

ahhhh, so that's the reason why no one made patches. Good old copyrights. Well at least I know the answer.

Anyway, I found a place (here in the USA) that would reproduce the patch I designed into a 3.5 inch oval patch that can be sewn onto anything. 250 patches would run about $300. I wouldn't mind doing it and chipping in with some members here.....but the copyright thing would definitely stop me. The last thing I need is pricey GM lawyers coming after me.

GM used to give them out years ago.... In 1965 when I bought my "NEW" 1966 Stingray Coupe it came with a nice patch inside the owner's manual.

Wished I had of kept the car and the patch....so much for being young and foolish.

I may be all "wet" about the copyright as I am not an attorney.

I may be all "wet" about the copyright as I am not an attorney.
I don't think it is so much a copyright thing as a control-of-where-that-logo-goes issue. Eckler's has a lot of items they sell with the logo on it but I'm sure that GM has specified on what kinds of items, and where that logo can be placed. For example, they don't want you affixing a patch to a shirt that says "I drink and drive!" or seen on a pair of jailhouse coveralls on the next America's Most Wanted episode.

This is the same with a lot of copyrighted (copywritten?) logos, like any MLB team logo. They sell the patches but they have all kinds of disclaimers on the them that say "collectible only, not to be placed on any item not licensed by MLB" etc. etc. etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom