Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Goldenrod stuck ...

Ulianokr

Corvette
RED 2000 convertible
C5 GoldenrodStuck…<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Not to bore folkswith my tedious problems but I’ve only owned the Magnetic Red Convertibleabout 6 months and had a great summer with it… I figured I’d tackle the minor repairs when thedays got short… I took the summer to join the forums and read up on what typically needs attention and asmany of you have stated here, the headlights aren’t bright enough.<o:p></o:p>
So I installed the9011/9012 bulbs and that really did the trick for me…but the alignment was off…With all your help… the driver’s side was on the mark in about 15 minutes butthe passenger side wouldn’t raise up vertically because the goldenrod wasreally stuck.. so for 3 evenings now I’m been spraying DP blaster and workingit back and forth and barely got it to move…. <o:p></o:p>
So tonight I tookthe entire thing out and once it was out I got it freed up to where when I turnthe goldenrod the threaded rod that it mates to spins freely as well…. <o:p></o:p>
I was expectingthe threaded rod to move back and forth so as to push or pull the “plate” thatthe ball joint end of the Threaded rod. I thought that IF that threaded rodmoved into and out from the goldenrod assembly, then it would push or pull that plate which in turn would angle the bulbhousing. C5 goldenrods.jpg<o:p></o:p>
My problem is…Is the threaded rod that is captured supposed to travel into an out of the housing? .... Nowthat everything turns smoothly I’m reluctant to reassemble everything only tofind that the alignment isn’t any better because the assembly housing has athread stripped and I’ve got to find another goldenrod assemblyand do the entire thing all over… Don’t get me wrong.. I love working on thecar…it’s just that we’ve got some more nice days ahead and I want to ride … <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Any help wouldgreatly be appreciated.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom