Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 guts under a C3? Just what I need, another project

The transaxle is a no go! You'd have to narrow the frame for rear A-arms. Here they used the T56

In the front & rear this car has a combination of C3, C4 susp w/ koni coilovers.

Marck

Is that a late model master cylinder on a C3 style brake booster?

Yes.

The C4 one will fit if you elongate the holes slightly outwards. I have the measurements somewhere and the difference is 1/64" if I'm not mistaking. I think that is a late model F-body model in the pic.

I'm installing a C4 one on a hydrobooster.

Marck

Cool. I have two heavy master cylinders, one used and one new, but they seem awfully heavy. If I can save a pound or so, I'll do the same thing. Could you just double-check those measurements for me, Marck? I'd really appreciate it! :)

--Bullitt

What kind of cost for the total package(engine/parts and labor)for the engine project?

I don't have them here.. I do have both cylinders. On the later model the holes are slightly further outward so you'll have to enlarge them just a little w/ a round file. It's a 1 minute job. The result is obviously a very nice cylidner instread of really heavy stock one.

Stock C3 is spaced 3&7/16" , C4 3,5"
mcboltspacing.jpg

Marck

cscarlson said:
What kind of cost for the total package(engine/parts and labor)for the engine project?

Don't know...don't think i want to know either :)

I could ask, remember, this is in Europe. We're paying 4x the parts price, a used LS1 goes for about 7000$ or so.

Marck

Thanks Marck! Looks like something else to put on the "mod plate." :upthumbs

--Bullitt

I've always wondered why no one else has done it (at least, I've seen no one on the US forums)

I've seen post about people buying new ones, I'd rather fork over some $$$ for a new model than the old one.

I just bought a NASCAR MC setup w/ pedals so I may skip the C4 MC too.. the setup I bought has 2 seperate MC's for front & rear w/ a proportioning setup on it.

Marck

Thanks for the compliment :) :D

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom