Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 heat/AC issue

NBM

Hi everyone, new to the forums, thanks in advance for any assistance. I have a 99 C5, with the auto climate control where the blower fan is barely running, if at all. Searching through other threads, I found some ideas, but now I'm at a wall. The climate control display seems to be functioning properly, but I have little to no air coming through the vents. I dropped the blower motor down (whoever designed this must assume all the Chevy techs are contortionists), and the motor spins freely and even powered up on me while it was down, even with no key in the ignition (that will get your attention fast). After putting it all back together, still have little to no air movement. Fuse looks good. Again, any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, new to the forums, thanks in advance for any assistance. I have a 99 C5, with the auto climate control where the blower fan is barely running, if at all. Searching through other threads, I found some ideas, but now I'm at a wall. The climate control display seems to be functioning properly, but I have little to no air coming through the vents. I dropped the blower motor down (whoever designed this must assume all the Chevy techs are contortionists), and the motor spins freely and even powered up on me while it was down, even with no key in the ignition (that will get your attention fast). After putting it all back together, still have little to no air movement. Fuse looks good. Again, any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
The

Check good power and ground to the blower motor harness connector, if good turn the key on and with the controls on high blower speed, tap the bottom of the blower motor and see if the speed changes, if it does then either the blower is bad or the connector is loose.

The

Check good power and ground to the blower motor harness connector, if good turn the key on and with the controls on high blower speed, tap the bottom of the blower motor and see if the speed changes, if it does then either the blower is bad or the connector is loose.

check this at the connector to the blower itself? looks to be a two wire plug on the backside (towards the front of the car) of the motor?

check this at the connector to the blower itself? looks to be a two wire plug on the backside (towards the front of the car) of the motor?

Correct, the 2 wire plug at the blower motor, you need power and ground there to operate the motor. I think the speed control is on the ground side so if the controls are not on fast blower speed you may get a resisted circuit on the ground side which is ok if it operates the motor at a slower speed. To start I would turn the key on to ignition, plug in the blower motor and tap the bottom of the motor with a small hammer (I like a small steel ball peen for this, your not trying to crush it just jolt it good, sometimes plastic mallets don't have the same result). If the blower speeds up you know the blower motor is bad. If that doesn't work you need to diagnose which circuit you lost and where, which can include a bad blower motor electrical terminal connector.

Have you done a HVAC reset? Also, have you verified that your actuators are opening and closing the vent doors?

Guys - I'm new to the forums, and new to Corvette ownership. I have a 99 Convertible. I have the exact same problem.

How might I access the blower motor, and R&R it?

Thank you!

Ed

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom