Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Intake A Lot of Choices?

D

Dr C5 Corvette

Hi Everyone looking for a nice intake for my 2000 FRC. I like the Haltech Stinger in Red. I am not interested in the vararam system at this point. looking for good options with the price in line with the haltech kit $289 or should I consider somrthing else? ;shrug As Always Thanks In Advance .......Dr C5 Corvette

I think the two most popular ones are the halltech and the blackwing. I personally like the halltech because it comes with the air bridge. Im not sure you will be able to get the red air bridge with the halltech though. The red one is for 2001-2004 cars with the larger diameter intakes. The black one is for 1997-2000 with the smaller intakes.

Hi Thanks for your Input. What has to be changed to bring our cars to the bigger intake, MAF? or Throttle Body? Or both Thanks..... Dr C5 Corvette

Ya, Thats The Ticket Red Paint :) Thanks Dr C5 Corvette

Hi, I just found out that the red is avail thru Halltech for the 2000 LS1 $339 Ouch!! FYI.......... Dr C5 Corvette

I would recommend the Vortech cold air "Rammer". I've read that most of the other air induction systems just "sit" above the radiator shroud which, to me, would be sucking in warm/hot air. The Vortech system is actually a forced air system where you pick up cold air. You'll actually gain more HP with the cold air vs. hot air. If you decide on the Vortech system, order a pre-cut radiator shroud, it'll make installation a lot easier. Also think about a clear air box. It makes it easier to see if the filter is dirty.

Ok Bwing, I Will Look at the system Thanks Dr C5 Corvette

Take a look at the hurricane also... comes with a new radiator shroud that's got scoops already cut into it.

Tim where can I get an in depth look at this air intake and price? does it come with the air bridge? are you running one on your C5? Thanks Dr C5 Corvette

Thanks Tim, Great Review I will Look into This intake. Thanks again........... Dr C5 Corvette

Hi Everyone looking for a nice intake for my 2000 FRC. I like the Haltech Stinger in Red. I am not interested in the vararam system at this point. looking for good options with the price in line with the haltech kit $289 or should I consider somrthing else? ;shrug As Always Thanks In Advance .......Dr C5 Corvette
The Callaway "Honker" fits and looks factory, relocates the MAF to where the C6 is and is 50 state legal, and it works :pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom