Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C5 More Ergonomic Friendly than Predecessors?

WinterTexan

Corvette
Shopping for C5 Convertible Manual 6 spd
I am a Canadian retiree looking for my first classic 'vette.

Canadian regulations allow "vintage" autos built 15 years or more prior to importation to be exempt from importation fees normally associated with importing "modern" vehicles and also do not have to meet Canadian standards such as daytime running lights and others which can cost a fair amount in doing conversions.

So, as of now we are looking at any model from 2000 and back. However i understand that the C5 is considerably more ergonomic friendly with greater interior dimensions than its predecessors. As I am 6'3"" and 250#(+?) this is an important factor.

I would appreciate feed back on the cockpit comfort of the C5 models.

Thanks

GJ

Yes, the C5's are more ergonomically friendly than their predecessors. I am not your size so I cannot comment on how it would fit you, hopefully there are others in your size range that can help out. I do know that there is a lot of adjustment in the sport seat option and the tilt wheel. I would find one for sale and go look at it and test drive one, if you are getting a three pedal 6 speed make sure that your knees don't hit the hush panel when shifting. If the C5 fits you and you can find a good original one I know you will like it, they are great sport vehicles. Good luck with your search. :)

GJ, I'm 6'3" and I like to have the seat all the way back. During your quest for
the best Vette for you, DO NOT forget to think about the telescopic
steering wheel. I wish mine had that option, because the steering wheel is
a little bit of a reach when the seat is all the way back. I also find that my
right leg is in constant contact with the console, but I've solved that problem
with a sponge rubber "pillow" that I use between the knee and the console on
long trips. Otherwise, I find it to be a very comfortable car to be in for short, OR
LONG rides! Good luck with your search.
Andy Anderson :w

Should be ok.
I am 6'2" and a bit bigger than you. I do ok getting in and out. I do not have telescoping wheel either.
Of course any vehicle that is that low to the ground takes a different approach to getting in and out. At first it's awkward, but in no time you're getting in and out fine.

Tank

I have a 75 and 91 Corvette. My friend just bout a 98 C5. I drove it home for him. It is, by far, more comfortable than my C3 or C4. The seats are better, the controls seem to be in better reach plus they have the LS1 motor. I am 6ft @240. There is plenty of leg room in the C5 for me. When I buy another it will be a C5 or newer

While I really like my 88 (owned now for 14 years), I've driven a C5 and C6. Each generation is light years better than my old C4. I'd definitely get at least a C5.

Ron
"Baldie88

I am a Canadian retiree looking for my first classic 'vette.

Canadian regulations allow "vintage" autos built 15 years or more prior to importation to be exempt from importation fees normally associated with importing "modern" vehicles and also do not have to meet Canadian standards such as daytime running lights and others which can cost a fair amount in doing conversions.

So, as of now we are looking at any model from 2000 and back. However i understand that the C5 is considerably more ergonomic friendly with greater interior dimensions than its predecessors. As I am 6'3"" and 250#(+?) this is an important factor.

I would appreciate feed back on the cockpit comfort of the C5 models.

Thanks

GJ

I'm 6"2" and go about 280... I've got a C5 Z06 and a C6 GS, I also had a C5 Vert.... any of those are very comfortable for me. The Z06 doesn't have the telescoping steering wheel which IS a disadvantage.

I'm 6-3, about 205 and I wear a 38" sleeve and 37" inseam. Think orangatang. ;LOL In a 97 C5, I have no trouble fitting. As I am broad at the shoulder with 33" waist, I wish clothes were half as easy to fit as my C5.

In my 66, my right leg had a red mark until I padded the console.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom