Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 or C4?????

That's an abbreviation by Dwayne...(6 Shooter)

L8TR = Later, as in, see you later (CUL8R)

- D = Dwayne, as in, "Dwayne the bathtub, I'm drowning" :boogie

It's all good. ;)

Rick
:gap

:L Pretty good Rick!

Signed: XLR8 (aka Jane Ann)
:D

I hope you also asked this question in C4 General. :D

Having had experience with both, I'll say this...
The C4 has the clamshell hood (which makes for ease of maintenance, though the insurance companies hated it) and more supportive seats. Otherwise, it's C5 all the way.

Good luck with your decision and purchase.
:beer
I agree. I've had both. I've seen some relatively low mile early C5s for $18-$20k. I think that is the best route. Still, I loved my '88 coupe-especially the clamshell.:D

congrats. i finally got my first vette this march after waiting over 35 years. it is a 93 triple black 6 speed. it had 64.450 miles when i got it and is in perfect condition. we joined a vette club shortly after getting the car with a good assortment of C1 thru C6 cars were represented. personally i would look for a good low mileage C4 from 92 thru 96. i think this is the last truly "driver" vette generation. the C5 & C6 are more neutral cars as far as i'm concerned perfect for ladies! i agree with the reply about the 96. my preference is the grand sport with the red interior...........beautiful. hope this helps.

the C5 & C6 are more neutral cars as far as i'm concerned perfect for ladies!

You may want to go easy with the generalizations vette93. We have female members here that own or co-own with husbands, boyfriends, lovers or otherwise significant others, all generations of Corvettes. And yes, some of us ARE ladies :) and some of us aren't. ;squint:

Considering the mildest Corvettes now boast 400+ horsepower and can kick some serious butt, I'd say anyone of either gender that owns and operates them skillfully, safely, and responsibly is due our respect.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

:wJane Ann

the C5 & C6 are more neutral cars as far as i'm concerned perfect for ladies! i

Wooo...hit a nerve with that statement! :D I have personally owned a '74, an '85, an '88, and a '96...with a 2002 (my husband's) and a 2005 (mine) in the garage right now. All but the '74 and the '85 were standard transmissions, which is my #1 preference, and each Corvette's power, handling and suspension improved. I thought (and still do) the power and handling of the 2002 was fantastic...but the 2005 is quicker, definitely more powerful, handles better and is my #1 choice now! :upthumbs

I would be careful of categorizing the C5 and the C6 as "being perfect for ladies" if you're implying that "real men" need "real Corvettes" or something similar! ;LOL I know you probably didn't mean anything derogatory about it, but we do have a large female membership here! ;)

Elaine

Come On Ladies,tell'um what you think!!!!!:chuckle:chuckle Wheres Tammy?? She is the Slickest and Quickest female I've personaly seen on the dragon!!!:Steer:bu;LOL;LOLI'll even donate the use of "Yavette" or "Medusa"my Z06,I'll bet vette93 won't even be see'n tail lights after about a 1/4 mile!!!!!:boogie:boogie :D:D:D

Img197.gif

Img173.gif

Come On Ladies,tell'um what you think!!!!!:chuckle:chuckle Wheres Tammy?? She is the Slickest and Quickest female I've personaly seen on the dragon!!!:Steer:bu;LOL;LOLI'll even donate the use of "Yavette" or "Medusa"my Z06,I'll bet vette93 won't even be see'n tail lights after about a 1/4 mile!!!!!:boogie:boogie :D:D:D

Why, Thank You! :) Are you remembering the time(s) I drove it in the Z, or in the FRC, or in the Mazda {snicker} (Probably not the day of the Mazda, Howard was holding me up because he was a little green under the gills :chuckle)

Well anyway, I hope one day to take you up on that offer :upthumbs

I just gave the "ladies" remark a pass, remembering that it can be hard to be lady-like trying to struggle out of a C4 with a short skirt on :D

Why, Thank You! :) Are you remembering the time(s) I drove it in the Z, or in the FRC, or in the Mazda {snicker} (Probably not the day of the Mazda, Howard was holding me up because he was a little green under the gills :chuckle)

Well anyway, I hope one day to take you up on that offer :upthumbs

I just gave the "ladies" remark a pass, remembering that it can be hard to be lady-like trying to struggle out of a C4 with a short skirt on :D

Ya just gotta love those C4's and short skirts! :L

OK - I've reflected back to my 96 LT4...

...if ya like shimmy and shake/frame shutter buy a C4, but if ya want a stable road machine buy a C5! :cool
:lou

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

And then there was the time I had to replace the digital dash in my 1990. It took three attmpts to get it fixed right (10 weeks of shipping back and forth and multiple installs).

I loved that dash!

I've got a 6sp C4 too,if you'd rather use that!!:boogie:boogie:boogie :D:D:D

Img184.gif

Lady-like, short skirt, C4............I don't like them lady-like. :upthumbs

Did I mention that my nurse drives a C4?
Remo:cool
Nurse%2009012%20Party%20Time%20Nurse.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom